CLOSED: Photo Sharing App

burn913

CLOSED: Photo Sharing App

Postby burn913 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:52 pm

Hello,

I'm looking for a photo sharing app so that I can host the pictures on my amahi server and share them externally. I'd love to just be able to send a link out to someone so that they could access certain photos (like in an album) on their own computer. This would be similar to Subsonic, which can do that for music. I've seen Gallery 2, and Lychee, but not sure either of those has the functionality I'm looking for.

Thanks!

I'm running Amahi 8 i think.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Photo Sharing App

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:08 pm

I'd love to just be able to send a link out to someone so that they could access certain photos (like in an album) on their own computer.
The gallery-2 App should provide this functionality, however you need to expose the application outside your network. There are other apps in the Amahi store that might meet your needs, but they still would need to be exposed outside your network for access. There is no app that does so by default obviously doe security reasons.

You could try amahi-sync App as well. It does allow you to provide a link to a file, but not a folder I don't believe. Sounds like what you need is Google Photos or something similar that is hosted on the internet, not Amahi apps.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

burn913

Re: Photo Sharing App

Postby burn913 » Sun May 01, 2016 1:11 pm

ok, thanks for the help. Was hoping for something on my server, but i'll find something else.