I have 2 Amahi HDA's in the same network. This is what I am attempting to do:
My specific questions: I have been told that if I make these changes with Webmin the HDA's will revert back. Is this so? Can I force HDA's to keep master and slave zone settings?1. I setup HDA#1 with a localhost "hda1.com" and an IP of 192.168.1.10.
2. Then I install Webmin on HDA#1 and go to "Servers > BIND DNS Server" and choose "Create Slave Zone" under "Existing DNS Zones."
3. Create a Slave Zone and call it "hda2.hda1.com" (Would that be a forward or a reverse zone, by the way?)
4. Now set up HDA#2 with a localhost "hda2.hda1.com" and an IP of 192.168.1.12.
5. Install Webmin on HDA#2 and go to "Servers > BIND DNS Server" and click on "hda2.hda1.com" under "Existing DNS Zones."
6. Click "Convert to Slave Zone" at the bottom. (Hopefully it will let me and allow me to set HDA#2 to point to "hda1.com" as its master server.)
7. Install any other apps on HDA #1 and HDA#2 at this point.