VPN Security Questions/Help

bsk

Re: VPN Security Questions/Help

Postby bsk » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:41 am

Well, one of the reasons I ask is because, we are currently working on user logins for Amahi v5 for the dashboard (ie http://hda) so, if you do have multiple users, you can give them different credentials on what they can/cannot do with your settings. This would be needed for you to open up your dashboard to other users.

Another reason is, this is more a forum for Amahi related things, mind you we dont mind answering questions for other users/things, but we are very busy working on support questions (whether it be in the forums, email, irc, etc) and don't have the time that support forums for those types of things do.

So we can help, it will just take us longer to get back to you than other support questions. We can certainly help with settings up your Amahi box to be secure in the open (to some extent, remember this is a home server) and in a timely manner.

We are also currently brainstorming on ideas for a "Pro" or "Business" version of Amahi for things of your needs, this Pro version will not be free though, and neither will the support. But Amahi will always be free.

cpg: Let me know if that is incorrect, but I think that was still the plan.
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

GStress

Re: VPN Security Questions/Help

Postby GStress » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:20 pm

Honestly I didn't expect to get any replies to this thread, but you guys have been great! Just excellent and responsive everyday. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the effort to assist me with a "custom configuration" if you will. Now I've not read about Amahi yet and you said your "working" on Amahi so I take it your a developer? If you don't mind me asking will Amahi work nicely with windows preferbally Vista and stream video?

Trust me I will definitely check it out I just been so busy working on the security of what I got setup. All the threads that I saw seem to lead toward *nix. I'm *nix familiar and mess with it a bit, but I use mostly windows. I will read up on Amahi and ampache this weekend definitely.

Thanks alot to everyone here for all advice.