I am following this guide (Installed easyrsa and starting with "Build the Local CA and generate Server Keys and Certificate file")
Part 1 - https://ravenhawktech.com/index.php/202 ... ra-server/
Part 2 - https://ravenhawktech.com/index.php/202 ... er-part-2/
But noticing some inconsistencies to the original approach in the older Amahi post. I am just wondering if the inconsistencies are 1. due to upgrades in Openvpn and easyrsa and 2. more that one way to approach the need for multiple client certs.
Now the questions:
1. Just to confirm, the OpenVPN configuration file in Amahi is /etc/openvpn/amahi.conf is that correct?
2. In the amahi.conf there are lines for Amahi-Server-OpenVPN.crt and Amahi-Server-OpenVPN.key.
I am assuming that the "server.key" generated by this code in the guide
needs to be./easyrsa build-server-full server nopass
Code: Select all
./easyrsa build-server-full Amahi-Server-OpenVPN nopass
3. On that same note, how do I generate the Amahi-Server-OpenVPN.crt
4. In an old Amahi forum posting (which I cannot find at present) there was discussion about a line needed in amahi.conf to allow multiple clients. Is that so?
5. If I make changes to amahi.conf, will the amahi.conf be overwritten by updates?
I know, lots of questions, but we only had one remote office worker and then Covid-19 hit. Now everyone wants to use the server from home. The good news is more people in our office are appreciating your fine work now. Thanks for such a great server.