Last call for logo! Please voice your opinion!

cpg
Administrator

Last call for logo! Please voice your opinion!

Postby cpg » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:39 am

Since the last time we asked you (many thanks for voting!), we have a new entrant to the logo competition!
Please don't think of pure aesthetics, since these are really concepts, but think on how professional it looks, how it will be used, how memorable it is, and so forth.

There are a lot of variables in choosing a logo. e.g. if lends well to "lo-fi" variations, etc., e.g. http://alpha.amahi.org/logo/dice-variations.png
EDIT - here are some just-received variations on the stack logo: http://alpha.amahi.org/logo/stack-variations.png

Also, please try hard to ignore the font and the text ... that will be improved no matter what.

Let us know!

EDIT: Reminder - your credential for the forums are the same as amahi.org. Resetting the password here in the forums does not work. Please use the password reset page to reset your password.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

ppmt

Re: Last call for logo! Please voice your opinion!

Postby ppmt » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:57 am

I vote for the dice

it resume what Amahi is about. All your apps in one box.

also the design is intricate enough that you have to pause a little bit to "assimilate" it .This is good for long term memory.

I also like the stack one but it looks too much like what a battery logo should look like.

And finally the third one looks too much like many other logos and seems remotely copied on Ubuntu's.

repat

Postby repat » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:01 pm

Out of those three, I would have to say "#2 Dice, Final Answer"

Clean, simple, and versatile.

Pat

Rogerrally

Postby Rogerrally » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:39 pm

Hi

As others have said, i much prefer the dice.

The stack looks to much like a HDD icon, the propeller looks bland and similar to other logos.

The dice does seem to imply "everything in one box".

But i am not so sure on the dice variations - i could not decide on which single colour variant i liked the most. Perhaps just a plain old black one?!?!

Well thats my 2p's worth

*EDIT*

Just realised that the dice variations page has 2 extra variants if i scroll down - doh!

I prefer the white on black variant second, after the main coloured dice with black amahi logo in first place

mapache

Postby mapache » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:36 pm

I am all for the stacked logo/icon. It does look like a harddrive logo, it has stacked drives with electrons swirling around them... which is right in line with what Amahi is... a home data assistant... file server, media server, etc. My Amahi box has multiple hard drives in it, and I would imagine most other Amahi boxes also have multiple drives inside for mass file storage/serving.

Because it looks like a hdd logo, it makes it more visually obvious what Amahi is and does.

The Dice and other logo look too much like windows, with the same colors, etc.

Why not offer up another online vote with only the three finalist up for options to vote on? Leave it open for a week or two... just an idea.

michaelcombs

Postby michaelcombs » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:36 pm

I think the stack might work best. The other two will probably lose their 3D effect when miniaturized for icons/smaller logos and or when viewed in low color (or even B&W) via VNC, etc.

megabitdragon

Postby megabitdragon » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:37 pm

My vote goes for the stack.

llamallama

Postby llamallama » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:38 pm

I was going to go with Stack but I changed my mind to dice. I don't see Stack would convert easily to single color. Dice does that very well and looks great without the extra color.

yoyo

Postby yoyo » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:50 pm

Stack: Little to busy for a quick memorable logo.
Dice: Gets my vote. Would like to see it glassified or crisper and maybe an A in the middle triangle. Need to merge "Amahi" word to the logo.
Propeller: Too simple and don't like the folding. Comes across as a little soft.

jirv311

Postby jirv311 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:52 pm

Propeller all the way. Absolutely the sexiest one there. :)