SABnzbd downloaded file permission - apache

mfacer

SABnzbd downloaded file permission - apache

Postby mfacer » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:03 am

When I download files through SABnzbd - I cannot then delete any of them. On the permissions tab, it says that Apache is the owner. I've tried to CHMOD 777 but that did nothing.

How can I change this??

Thanks

bradwebber

Re: SABnzbd downloaded file permission - apache

Postby bradwebber » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:42 pm

Hi mfacer,

I was having the same issue. In the Folders config section of SABnzbd there is a setting called Permissions for completed downloads. I put 777 in there and that solved the problem for me.

mfacer

Postby mfacer » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:49 pm

Hi mfacer,

I was having the same issue. In the Folders config section of SABnzbd there is a setting called Permissions for completed downloads. I put 777 in there and that solved the problem for me.
Thanks - I actually spotted that and have tried it. That will only apply for the new downloads... I now need to see how to change the ones which I've already downloaded! I need to delete them - but just cant seem to!

bradwebber

Postby bradwebber » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:58 pm

Hi mfacer,

In order to change the permissions for the files you have already downloaded I think you need to open a terminal as root on your HDA, then recursively change permissions on your SABnzbd Complete folder. For example, if your complete folder is /var/hda/files/SABnzbd/complete you would open a terminal as root and execute the following command:

Code: Select all

chmod -R 777 /var/hda/files/SABnzbd/complete
(I think the -R is case sensitive; -r won't work)

That will change the permissions for all folders and files in your complete folder so anyone can read, write, and execute. You should then be able to delete these files.

mfacer

Postby mfacer » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:29 am

yep - that did the trick, thank you!!

smartstradamus

Postby smartstradamus » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:45 am

I've started to experience this problem since yesterday.
I have been running sabnzbd on my hda for about a month and up until yesterday all my downloads had permissions set to my user and group.
Now all of a sudden every new download since last night has had Apache as the owner and won't even let me view the files I've just downloaded.
I have to change permissions from terminal in order to view and delete the new downloads.
I wouldn't mind if it behaved like this from the beginning but it was completely fine until yesterday. And ive never had the permissions set in the sabnzbd configuration.

smartstradamus

Postby smartstradamus » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:02 am

I've started to experience this problem since yesterday.
I have been running sabnzbd on my hda for about a month and up until yesterday all my downloads had permissions set to my user and group.
Now all of a sudden every new download since last night has had Apache as the owner and won't even let me view the files I've just downloaded.
I have to change permissions from terminal in order to view and delete the new downloads.
I wouldn't mind if it behaved like this from the beginning but it was completely fine until yesterday. And ive never had the permissions set in the sabnzbd configuration.
My issues have been solved.
It was all down to the fact I had changed the downloaded folders partition from ntfs to ext3 and permissions kicked in.

I also had an issue with sabnzbd only being available using http://sabnzbd and not by IP address. It turned out that the latest version I installed after a hda re-install had the sab host set to localhost,once I changed it to 0.0.0.0 I was able to access sab by IP again.