No access to //hda

moredruid
Expert

Re: No access to //hda

Postby moredruid » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:30 am

glad your issue was resolved, and thanks for sharing the info!
echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D2173656C7572206968616D41snlbxq' | dc
Galileo - HP Proliant ML110 G6 quad core Xeon 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 2x750GB RAID1 + 2x1TB RAID1 HDD

cpg
Administrator

Re: No access to //hda SOLVED

Postby cpg » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:54 pm

Just thought I'd pass on that I figured this out. The problem was the apache was not running and I didn't figure it out until I rebooted and watched the messages. The problem was a configuration error in "/etc/httpd/conf.d/1016-phpMyAdmin.conf" that seems to have only become a problem after the auto upgrade. The path for the the root files and log files was incorrect.

Thanks for the support.
aha!

we knew this could be a risk. that some app could have extra modifications and it might get wedged when upgraded.

now, did you have local modifications to the conf file?
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

mciv

Postby mciv » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:13 pm

I don't recall making any direct changes to the conf file. I just installed some web apps. The path to the root files in the phpMyAdmin conf file was
/usr/share/phpMyAdmin/ /html
I removed the /html because there was no folder named html and everything started working, including phpMyAdmin. I should note that the paths for the error logs is also incorrect but because I wasn't sure where the error logs are I just commented those two lines out.

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:28 pm

I don't recall making any direct changes to the conf file. I just installed some web apps. The path to the root files in the phpMyAdmin conf file was
/usr/share/phpMyAdmin/ /html
I removed the /html because there was no folder named html and everything started working, including phpMyAdmin. I should note that the paths for the error logs is also incorrect but because I wasn't sure where the error logs are I just commented those two lines out.
hmm.

the update should have taken care of you then. i'm afraid that future updates may wedge it again.

the reason is that we expect webapps to have PATH/html and PATH/logs.
in your case, you used /usr/share/phpMyAdmin ... which is the real root.

any chance you could share the contents of /etc/httpd/conf.d in PM?

two solutions:
  • we would have to write code to somehow autodetect and support this case and similar
  • you create a new webapp in the default location, say, call it phpma, in /var/hda/web-apps/phpma, and then copy all files from /usr/share/phpMyAdmin/* into /var/hda/web-apps/phpma/html/
well, there is also 3) make phpmyadmin an app!

any takers ? :)
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

snowguy

Postby snowguy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:00 pm

Glad I found this post. I had the same problem. And I had foudn sort of the same solution by looking at what was wrong with apache. However in my case it didn't solve the problem when I removed the html. The trick was the note about commenting out the lines showing the directories for logging errors. Once I commented out those to lines presto...a pretty crummy hack though. Wish I knew what I was doing and the right way to solve this.

Thanks!

nemolomen

Postby nemolomen » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:40 am

Was there an update on 4/4 or 4/5 that could have caused this issue? I'm having similar problems but haven't had the time to properly troubleshoot it with local keyboard and video.

I think my case may be different though since I lose DNS withing minutes after rebooting the server as well.
nemolomen

My HDA (3rd): ECS A770M-A, Phenom X3 2.4 GHz, 2 GB DDR2 800MHz, / 40 GB, /home 80 GB, data 1TB, 500GB, 320GB

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:32 pm

hi nemo,

no updates to the dns subsystem have been released in a long time.

the recent updates were done prior to 4/4, though.

as to what could be causing issues with for users with multiple webapps originally, we decided to make webapps more modular by setting up their html/ and log/ directories separately.

in other words, if a webapp "path" was at

Code: Select all

/var/hda/web-apps/foo
before, that was also the "root path" (in apache parlance).

now the path of the app still is /var/hda/web-apps/foo, however the root directory is

/var/hda/web-apps/foo/html
and the logs go here:

/var/hda/web-apps/foo/logs
this was done for more modularity.

we released an update that did this transition automatically, however, any custom options that someone may have edited by hand would be lost :(

hopefully this clarifies things. if not, please provide more details on the issue (or come by the irc channel).

nemolomen

Postby nemolomen » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:03 pm

Hi cpg,

I was probably grasping at straws. The server is offline now so I could provide network stability. I'll know more when i hook it up to KVM. I'm also open to the possibility of hardware issues or even Fedora issues. Maybe I won't have to work again this weekend and I'll have time then.

Thanks for the info, I'll see you in irc if I can't figure it out.

nemolomen
nemolomen

My HDA (3rd): ECS A770M-A, Phenom X3 2.4 GHz, 2 GB DDR2 800MHz, / 40 GB, /home 80 GB, data 1TB, 500GB, 320GB

fearangel

Postby fearangel » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:59 am

Hello everyone.
I have already installed fedora 12 and put the repositor the amahi.
Setting the root password and created the user.

I can not run any command with sudo always returns:

"user is not in the sudoers file. Will Be The incident reported."

When I click to install says that the page is unavailable ...
Someone help me?
Thanks

hfxrzw

Postby hfxrzw » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:58 am

To my (very little!) knowledge SUDO works with Ubuntu, but not with fedora. You need to use SU.