username and password on headless server and Control Panel

hardrockgeo

username and password on headless server and Control Panel

Postby hardrockgeo » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:33 am

Do the username and password have to match for the headless server and Control panel?

I just installed Amahi 11 after a long hiatus. I used the existing install code from my Control Panel for the install. I left the server username and password at the default values; "admin" and "administrator", which is different than my Control Panel login credentials. Do these need to match?

I have not yet completed the Amahi initialization step. Does the user name and password need to be the same for all three? I still have a monitor connected to my server. If so, can I change them locally at the server? Also, please direct me to instructions on changing the username and password locally at the server using the command line.

Thanks for your assistance.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: username and password on headless server and Control Panel

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:58 am

I left the server username and password at the default values; "admin" and "administrator", which is different than my Control Panel login credentials. Do these need to match?
No and they shouldn't in my opinion for security reasons.
I have not yet completed the Amahi initialization step. Does the user name and password need to be the same for all three?
This step uses the password admin/administrator. Should not be a new user.
If so, can I change them locally at the server? Also, please direct me to instructions on changing the username and password locally at the server using the command line.
User name and password MUST NEVER be changed from the command line for Amahi users. Doing so will break access to the Amahi dashboard.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

hardrockgeo

Postby hardrockgeo » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:22 am

Thanks Bigfoot 65:

Is there another way to change the server username and password, say from the Control Panel?

hardrockgeo

Postby hardrockgeo » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:41 am

Ok:

I think I answered my own question; In the Amahi dashboard, under Settings->Users, it gives the option to change the username or password by clicking on the one you want to change.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:14 am

Yes that is the proper way to change user password.

To change user name, you will need to create a new user.

Please let me know if we can mark this as closed.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2