Help on New Install - Shares/Plex/Greyhole oddity

barron

Help on New Install - Shares/Plex/Greyhole oddity

Postby barron » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:56 pm

I am not well versed in Linux period and I hope I don't overdo the description without the right details but here it goes:

I decided instead of trying to upgrade my AMAHI 7 server, to back up my data and start from scratch on A10. I previously used Greyhole and Plex, everything worked fine. I went through the new install process for A10 and after a few trial and error steps, I now have A10 with Plex, and Greyhole, Shares mounted locally however it is not with out its glitches?

1. When I boot up my Server and without logging in I get this error
CIFS VFS: ioctl error in smb2_get_dfs_refer

it repeats itself several times, once I log in everything seems to work fine but it thought it odd, Did I miss something?

2. I have not yet added any thing to my shares, with the exception of one song to test Plex, and the disk partition usage is at 326 GB of 6.26 TB used. I have looked through my shares but they are all empty, again, besides one song. Where can I look to find why it is so high?

Thanks in advance for all your efforts!!

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Help on New Install - Shares/Plex/Greyhole oddity

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:36 am

I now have A10 with Plex, and Greyhole, Shares mounted locally however it is not with out its glitches?
Was Greyhole installed manually or with the greyhole-ui App?
I have not yet added any thing to my shares, with the exception of one song to test Plex, and the disk partition usage is at 326 GB of 6.26 TB used. I have looked through my shares but they are all empty, again, besides one song. Where can I look to find why it is so high?
What partition is the bulk of the space being used?

Please provide the URL for:

Code: Select all

apaste --sysinfo
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

barron

Postby barron » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:45 am

Hi Big,

Greyhole was installed with the Greyhole-UI App.

I may have mistyped, the partitions all look ok in relation to the disk space. In My Dashboard>Disk >Partitions I have as below for all shares. all look identical for each of the shares.
//127.0.0.1/Books (partition) 6.26TB(total) 5.95TB (free) 326GB (Used) /mnt/samba/books (mount Point)

When try to do the apaste command I receive an error.
Error Uploading: [Errno -2] Name or service not known

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:00 am

//127.0.0.1/Books (partition) 6.26TB(total) 5.95TB (free) 326GB (Used) /mnt/samba/books (mount Point)
The locally mounted share in the dashboard throws of the statistics. There is a feature request to make an update to exclude those from the dashboard.

If you want to see the correct size, stop the mount_shares_locally service and then check it again.

Also, if apaste is not working, try fpaste.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

barron

Postby barron » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:49 pm

Thanks again.

I assume stop the mount_shares_locally service, just to check the correct usage. If I understand the documentation correctly, it needs to be running to use plex with Greyhole correct?

Using the fpaste command returns the exact same error. (RESOLVED)

https://da.gd/DiRZ

I should have also mentioned, I have not yet disabled the DHCP or DNS on my router. I just installed the Linksys Velop Mesh router and am still ensuring my network is properly set up before I hand those over to the HDA.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:56 am

If I understand the documentation correctly, it needs to be running to use plex with Greyhole correct?
Yes that is correct. We don't recommend using plex-media-server App with Greyhole. Anything that writes to the drives constantly is not best suited for Greyhole.

Checked your system info and did not see anything wrong. Have you done OS updates? Might try:

Code: Select all

sudo dnf update
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager