CLOSED: Remote VPN Connection using Old IP Address

Camperdownfamily

CLOSED: Remote VPN Connection using Old IP Address

Postby Camperdownfamily » Fri May 12, 2017 3:46 am

I have the HDA Connect app installed on my laptop and I am trying to connect back to my HDA from a remote location.

The HDA Connect app is failing to connect, but when I look at the IP address it is trying to connect to in the log, it is the previous IP address shown on the "Your Server Alerts" page on my Amahi.org home server page. On that page it shows that my home IP address was changed 22 hours ago, and the OpenVPN Tester shows that the VPN server is running and accessible.

How do I get HDA Connect to update itself to the correct IP address?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Remote VPN Connection using Old IP Address

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri May 12, 2017 7:00 am

How do I get HDA Connect to update itself to the correct IP address?
Are you using the new certificates? Have you followed the Updated client certificates page in the wiki?

The IP address is not hard coded on the client. It's tied to user.yourhda.com and should be updated automatically.

If this continues, request you submit a bug report.

There has been some turbulence with amahi.org lately, so this could be related.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

Camperdownfamily

Postby Camperdownfamily » Fri May 12, 2017 7:34 am

Yes, I have the latest certificates installed, and I have been using it with no issues for most of this week. It's just today that it refused to connect and when I checked the IP address, I noticed it was the previous one it was trying to use to connect. Does it update itself from the amahi.org site every time it connects, or does it only update itself periodically - because knowing that would better pinpoint whether it is my end not updating itself, or the amahi.org end giving out the wrong IP address.

Thanks

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri May 12, 2017 8:02 am

Does it update itself from the amahi.org site every time it connects, or does it only update itself periodically - because knowing that would better pinpoint whether it is my end not updating itself, or the amahi.org end giving out the wrong IP address.
That I don't know.

Chances are if you cannot connect, the user.yourhda.com dynamic DNS is not working either.

As I mentioned, we have had some issues with the #Amahi site recently and that may be the issue. I believe it started yesterday and not sure when or if it's been corrected as of yet.

That's why I recommend you submit a bug report. This will ensure we check out our side for issues.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

Camperdownfamily

Postby Camperdownfamily » Fri May 12, 2017 8:36 am

One snag with reporting a bug - I can't get logged in.

I have filed bug reports before, so I know I have been logged in there before, and my login to the main Amahi.org site works fine (which it says it shares a common login with) but when I try to login to the bug tracking and reporting site it tells me that my password is incorrect.

Any thoughts on that one? Thanks

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri May 12, 2017 9:09 am

Any thoughts on that one? Thanks
The software was recently upgraded, so that might be the cause.

Recommend you email support about the issue with logging into the bug tracker. May be a quick fix.

If you want me to file the bug report for you, please PM me the info you want to include. I don't want to miss any details that you might provide by pulling from the forum post.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri May 12, 2017 6:54 pm

See bug 2242 to track progress.

Marking thread as closed.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager