CLOSED: WebCalendar alias

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: WebCalendar alias

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:45 pm

What calendar options do we have with Amahi then?
Not really any unless the Calendars info in the wiki would help.
Why was CalDAV support dropped? Will it be coming back?
Not many use the HDA for calendar support. Most have online calendars with Google and Apple that interacts with their smart phone. There has been very little interest in calendar support in #Amahi in the past few versions.

Surprisingly, you are the only one to even notice it's gone or ask for options in a few years.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

craigtone

Postby craigtone » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:21 pm

Bummer ... I run a Mac as my main computer along with Apple mobile devices. I was just hoping to have a CalDAV solution to get my data off of the cloud so all of my info is kept local to the server and not in cyber-who-knows-where.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:46 pm

I provided you an option to use the Calendar with the HDA.

If interested please let me know.

Otherwise, should we call this topic closed?
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

craigtone

Postby craigtone » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:59 pm

The Wiki says CalDAV is broken in Amahi 7 and greater, so use Calendar app which links to an app page for an app called "Calendar" but that isn't available in my Available Apps?

I see a LOT of apps in the Wiki that don't exist in Available apps ...

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:22 pm

Yes I know, I authored that page.

I gave you access to the app. Refresh your available apps page and it should appear.

Please let me know if it works.

BTW some apps have a convenience fee and must be purchased before they are available for install. Check the App Store on the web site once you are logged in.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

craigtone

Postby craigtone » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:43 pm

OK ... now I see it! I installed it and it appears to be working properly.

You may want to update the wiki on iCal because it is no longer a valid Mac product. The new app is Calendar and it doesn't support publishing to anything other than iCloud. Apparently they did this for security reasons.

I was able to create a calendar in Thunderbird and publish it to http://ical and then I can view it in the Mac Calendars app but, unfortunately it is read-only. I'll play around with other clients and other machines to see if I can get it working better but it is there and I can connect to it and publish.

Thanks for the app! Go ahead and mark this topic closed.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:53 pm

You may want to update the wiki on iCal because it is no longer a valid Mac product. The new app is Calendar and it doesn't support publishing to anything other than iCloud. Apparently they did this for security reasons.
We'd appreciate it if you could make the update it, that is if you have time. We rely heavily on the community to make updates.
Thanks for the app! Go ahead and mark this topic closed.
No problem. Happy to hear it's working.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager