Another Plex DNS Issue?

msstatecoletrain

Another Plex DNS Issue?

Postby msstatecoletrain » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:41 pm

I just purchased the amahi-plex app and got it running. Server runs like a champ but after a day or two, I am now unable to access the webapp interface at all. I've seen there are lots of issues with the plex app through the forums. I have tried the link on the dashboard, the direct http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:32400/web/index.html link, as well as all suggestions in the wiki (NOTE: It seems that option 2 was already in use), and restarted apache every time. I have also tried different computers and browsers. I receive a "plexms.xxx.net didn’t send any data. ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE" on chrome. So I'm stuck now! Help!

cpg
Administrator

Re: Another Plex DNS Issue?

Postby cpg » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:58 pm

Can you clarify? Is this issue intermittent? If so, it could be that your network has two DHCP servers? So your client may be getting DHCP leases from one (if the HDA, things work), or the other (DNS will not work).

However, you seem to imply that you can reach it using the IP, in which case, it's NOT a DNS issue.

I think we have seen Plex Media Server misbehaving in this way on occasion, however, it has been a while since I recall seeing this.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

msstatecoletrain

Re: Another Plex DNS Issue?

Postby msstatecoletrain » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:27 pm

Sorry for the confusion. I would say this is a consistent issue. it worked during initial setup but has ceased to function. I don't "think" my network has two DHCP servers. Router is turned off and everything else on my HDA works. I am able to connect to other webapps fine. I cannot reach it by any means.