Proper Path For Mounts and Shares?

sharmac

Proper Path For Mounts and Shares?

Postby sharmac » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:47 pm

I think the paths to my shares and external drives are not proper. I will share the description of my setup to make my questions clearer.

First I installed 1 external hard drive (250Gb), following the instructions in this wiki page. This drive got mounted to
/var/hda/files/drives/drive1

Next, I moved All Shares following directions on the same page to the external drive and re-mounted that drive to
/var/hda/files

I wanted to use Greyhole, so I got two more drives (1Tb each) and followed the same instructions to mount them to:
/var/hda/files/drives/drive2
/var/hda/files/drives/drive3

Then I installed Greyhole following instructions here and set the storage_pool_drive property to this:
storage_pool_drive = /var/hda/files, min_free: 30gb
storage_pool_drive = /var/hda/files/drives/drive2, min_free: 100gb
storage_pool_drive = /var/hda/files/drives/drive3, min_free: 100gb

In greyhole logs I saw the following error:

Code: Select all

Jan 26 19:29:32 CRITICAL initialize: Found a share (Books), with path /var/hda/files/books, which is INSIDE a storage pool drive (/var/hda/files). Share directories should never be inside a directory that you have in your storage pool. 344 For your shares to use your storage pool, you just need them to have 'vfs objects = greyhole' in their (smb.conf) config; their location on your file system is irrelevant.
The "dfree command" and "vfs objects" parameters have been set on all shares.

So I am thinking I have made a mistake while selecting the path to which drives and shares are mounted. The /var/hda/ folder has "drives" and "shares" folders that are empty. Should I be using those to mount external hard drives and Amahi shares? I don't like how mounts and shares are subfolders of /var/hda/files, and this actually might cause me issues with greyhole.

[root@localhost hda]# pwd /var/hda [root@localhost hda]# ls apps calendar dbs domain-settings drives elevated files platform shares tmp web-apps
Also, I don't see "Storage Pool" as a sub tab under http://hda/tab/shares. Any idea how I can fix this?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Proper Path For Mounts and Shares?

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:39 am

storage_pool_drive = /var/hda/files, min_free: 30gb
This is likely your problem. It's best not to add /var/hda/files to your storage pool. It's used as the landing zone as well.
I don't like how mounts and shares are subfolders of /var/hda/files, and this actually might cause me issues with greyhole.
Recommend you mount the drives in the /var/hda/drives. That's the path I use and we plan to move to that in Amahi 10.
Also, I don't see "Storage Pool" as a sub tab under http://hda/tab/shares. Any idea how I can fix this?
If you are using Fedora 19 or greater (Amahi 7 or greater), you have to purchase and install greyhole-ui App. It's no longer packaged with the Amahi platform.

If you need further assistance, please provide the URL for:

apaste --sysinfo
This will help us provide better support.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2