SOLVED: Amahi-Plex overrides manual Plex Install

shanelee

SOLVED: Amahi-Plex overrides manual Plex Install

Postby shanelee » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:19 pm

I was unable to figure out how to upgrade to the most recent version of plex, so I installed plex manually. Everything works for an hour or so and then it will stop working. Somehow, in the background, amahi reinstalls the amahi-plex app, which changes permissions to the plexmediaserver directory and breaks my manual install. How do I make amahi stop installing the amahi-plex over my manual install?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Amahi-Plex overrides manual Plex Install

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:49 am

See the Plex documentation in the Amahi wiki.

Please mark this as SOLVED if it resolves your issue.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

shanelee

Postby shanelee » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:29 am

My problem is not addressed in the documentation. I am able to install plex manually and get it working. The problem is that after and unknown amount of time, the amahi version of plex gets installed over the top of my installation and breaks it. I need to know how to disable this.

I have Amahi 7. I previously purchased the Amahi Plex app. However, it's not updating to the latest, so I removed the amahi app and installed plex manually. It keeps getting overwritten by the older amahi-plex. How do I make it stop pulling the amahi-plex app over the top of my installation of plex?

shanelee

Postby shanelee » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:46 am

I stand corrected. It is in the docs.

For those who want a direct answer instead of a link to docs, you must add `amahi-plex*` to the exclude list in `/etc/yum.conf`. This is a space separated list.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:18 am

Sorry if directing you to the documentation was inconvenient. That's our primary location for tutorials and how to's.

Closing this thread.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2