SOLVED: PHPRecipeBook restore from backup not showing data

armorer1984

SOLVED: PHPRecipeBook restore from backup not showing data

Postby armorer1984 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:36 am

I just upgraded from Amahi 6 on Ubuntu to 8 on Fedora 21 (I know, late adopter). I backed up my recipe database and uploaded all the backups to an ftp server using phpMyBackup on a weekly cron job. I have 3 backups that are the exact same size since it has been about that long since I entered a new recipe. Anyway, I swapped hard drives, installed Fedora and got everything back up and running EXCEPT the phpRecipeBook. When I use phpMyBackup to import the backup file into the recipe database I see no change in the recipe webapp. MyBackup says it was successful, but I see no change, even after a reboot of the system and wiping the cache from my browser. I have tried multiple restore operations from different weeks and get the same result, nothing.

I was going to use phpMyAdmin to do a bit more manipulation of the database, but the recipebook database does not appear in the phpMyAdmin control panel.

Any hints on what might be going on here? I noticed that the phpRecipeBook looks different than the version I had before. Was there a change in the app that changed the database structure? If so, any hints on how to restore a backup from the previous version?

If I absolutely have to, I can plug the Ubuntu drive back in and pull the SQL file from the old drive although I'm not sure how much that would help. I was smart (read lucky) not to wipe and repurpose the drive that has the Ubuntu installation.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: PHPRecipeBook restore from backup not showing data

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:49 am

I just upgraded from Amahi 6 on Ubuntu to 8 on Fedora 21 (I know, late adopter).
Amahi 8 on Fedora 21 is not the current stable release and no longer supported. Recommend you move to Amahi 9.
Any hints on what might be going on here? I noticed that the phpRecipeBook looks different than the version I had before. Was there a change in the app that changed the database structure? If so, any hints on how to restore a backup from the previous version?
Yes the app has changed. Versions are updated on the current stable release, but not older ones. So in Ubuntu it was version 3.01 and with Fedora 21/23 it is 5.05. I am sure there is a database change among other things.

Recommend you check their web site (maybe here)to see if it's possible to upgrade from the older to newer version database. If not, you may have to do some manual work with the structure in order to get it working.

If I remember correctly, there should be SQL scripts to migrate from one version to the next. Sorry, but most apps do not make it easy to upgrade across several version changes.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

armorer1984

Postby armorer1984 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:41 am

That is the answer I needed. Thank you very much!

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:47 am

No problem.

I will mark this one as solved.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2