Concerto Digital Signage server

rdagijones

Concerto Digital Signage server

Postby rdagijones » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:09 pm

Anyone using this app for Amahi? http://www.amahi.org/apps/concerto-digital-signage
Way to go sanfelix.

I have an environment where this could feed a Raspberry Pi and wondering how to set up the server for Amahi. I am a pretty good beta tester if someone wants to throw something at me.

rdagijones

Re: Concerto Digital Signage server

Postby rdagijones » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:38 am

OK, doesn't seem to be any movement on that question, so let's try this: Can someone help me get this working as a webapp?

I have created the webapp on my server.
I have downloaded the source code (https://github.com/concerto/concerto/ar ... 2.7.tar.gz) into the /var/hda/web-apps/concerto/html directory.
Extracted the contents into /var/hda/web-apps/concerto/html

What next?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:40 am

Look for install guidance on the software's website. That should outline how to continue.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

rdagijones

Postby rdagijones » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:50 pm

I have to say that Amahi instructions are far more clear than Concerto's site. (That's just a little plug for you guys.)

The site give steps for installing from source but they are not complete enough. If you look at https://github.com/concerto/concerto/wi ... Concerto-2 you will see that they say, "When Concerto is started up ..." but do not say how to start it. If, after performing the steps I listed above, you navigate to the web address for the app you get a list of directories. There is no index.php or install or anything that seems to get things going. Perhaps if you downloaded the source and looked at it you would see what I am missing.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:58 pm

If I have a chance, I will take a look. We typically don't help with manual installation of web apps.

Sorry but I really have no interest in this app myself so cannot be much help. Maybe there is someone else in the community that can assist.

Did you read the install guidance that is often packaged with the app or search the internet for a tutorial?
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

Lincee

Postby Lincee » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:21 pm

I have to say that Amahi instructions are far more clear than Concerto's site. (That's just a little plug for you guys.)

The site give steps for installing from source but they are not complete enough. If you look at https://github.com/concerto/concerto/wi ... Concerto-2 you will see that they say, "When Concerto is started up ..." but do not say how to start it. If, after performing the steps I listed above, you navigate to the web address for the app you get a list of directories. There is no index.php or install or anything that seems to get things going. Perhaps if you downloaded the source and looked at it you would see what I am missing.
Why don't you give it a shot at packaging yourself?
Stop by in the IRC channel, there's usually someone arround to help you with issues :)
i myself are also gonna learn how to package apps, so maybe we can work together?
an app like this would sure come in handy when promoting Amahi in small businesses ;-)
LANTEA: Amahi 7 (vm), HP Proliant Microserver, 8GB RAM, 2x 1TB HDD, 1GB eth

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:46 pm

Concerto Digital Signage has already been packaged for Amahi, but not maintained by the user who contributed it. If you or someone else wants to take over maintenance of it, that would be wonderful. Please let me know and I can provide access.

I welcome help from others packaging apps for Amahi. Don't mind assisting users, providing it's something we can add to the Amahi app store. It's quite a workload to maintain every app currently in Amahi and I do the best I can with the time available. Since we are all volunteers, this is done in my spare time.

BTW, it's important to check before requesting/packaging apps that already exist. No sense in duplicating and wasting efforts. Only apps in BETA and LIVE show in the store. If they are in ALPHA status, users don't see them. If you or someone has one in mind they want to package, just ask and I can tell you if it exists or compatible with Amahi.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

Lincee

Postby Lincee » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:36 pm

Concerto Digital Signage has already been packaged for Amahi, but not maintained by the user who contributed it. If you or someone else wants to take over maintenance of it, that would be wonderful. Please let me know and I can provide access.

I welcome help from others packaging apps for Amahi. Don't mind assisting users, providing it's something we can add to the Amahi app store. It's quite a workload to maintain every app currently in Amahi and I do the best I can with the time available. Since we are all volunteers, this is done in my spare time.

BTW, it's important to check before requesting/packaging apps that already exist. No sense in duplicating and wasting efforts. Only apps in BETA and LIVE show in the store. If they are in ALPHA status, users don't see them. If you or someone has one in mind they want to package, just ask and I can tell you if it exists or compatible with Amahi.
Not sure if that was a reply to me.. but yes i know its in the store :)
That beeing said, i also know its hard to maintain so many apps, hence my suggestion for the original poster to try and package it anew!

And i also like to thank you for your hard work on maintaining these apps, its well appreciated :)
LANTEA: Amahi 7 (vm), HP Proliant Microserver, 8GB RAM, 2x 1TB HDD, 1GB eth

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:16 pm

hat beeing said, i also know its hard to maintain so many apps, hence my suggestion for the original poster to try and package it anew!
Yes but we don't want users to package apps that already exist in the store.

I enjoy working on Amahi and appreciate the kind words. I've been with Amahi almost since it's conception :D Been many years of getting more and more proficient.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager