RESOLVED: Installation on HP MediaSmart

cpg
Administrator

RESOLVED: Installation on HP MediaSmart

Postby cpg » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:57 pm

I installed Amahi on my HP MediaSmart server (I had to put the HD in another computer to do this, as a USB install failed).

Following your instructions, I turned off the DHCP on my router and restarted various computers that attach to it.

Result: none of our computers could connect to the internet. The Amahi server was not assigning IP addresses.

So I did a factory restore on the router (since I couldn't even connect to it to turn the DHCP back on).

Then I turned the DHCP off on my Amahi server.

Result: I can now connect to the internet, but I cannot connect to the Amahi server. It does not show any IP address for the HDA.

Pinging the router from the server also fails. (I have a debug board attached to the MediaSmart, so I can see what's going on and enter commands.)

I tried ifconfig to get the mac address to add the client manually, but this returned an error "command not found"
That seems like a basic connectivity issue, if something as basic as pinging does not work. Many people have installed on the HP MediaSmart server.

Are you positive the settings in Amahi.org have the proper networking settings?

A typo in those would produce this behavior exactly as you described.

As to ifconfig, it's a little antiquated tool. These days, you can better use

Code: Select all

ip addr
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

osbornefamily

Re: Installation on HP MediaSmart

Postby osbornefamily » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:37 am

Ok, so I think the problem is that my HDA wants to be on 192.168.0.10, but my router will only accept IP addresses that begin 192.168.1.

So how do I change the IP addresses in the HDA setup?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:52 am

To change the HDA to match your network, you can follow the Change IP Address guidance in the wiki.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

osbornefamily

Postby osbornefamily » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:02 am

Ok, changing the gateway makes it possible for me to see and access the HDA on my network. Now I just need to change the settings in the Amahi control panel online, which I can't quite figure out how to do.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:06 am

Not necessary.

Just leave the Amahi control panel as is. It will eventually catch up on the server status.

If you don't see it resolved in a few days, you can email support. It can then be aligned if needed.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2