Moved physical server to another room, now can't contact HDA

tomtheappraiser

Moved physical server to another room, now can't contact HDA

Postby tomtheappraiser » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:56 pm

I moved my server from one room to another. it was disconnected from the internet for all of 5 minutes. Now I can't access anything from my server. It doesn't show up in the network section of Windows explorer, when I try to log into the HDA I get
"The server at hda can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network."
I haven't changed any settings nor messed with the router.
All I did was move it from one room to another.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Moved physical server to another room, now can't contact HDA

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:52 pm

My thought here is that the HDA might not be getting the intended DHCP lease. You might need to cycle your network. Doing so would involve only powering on the modem, router, then HDA to start with.

Once you determine the HDA is working correctly, then power on other devices.

BTW, is this related to your post viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5888? If so, then recommend we close this one out.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2