Zoneminder won't complete uninstall

mcromig

Zoneminder won't complete uninstall

Postby mcromig » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:40 pm

I am trying to install Zoneminder on Amahi 7 using the webapp interface. When I click the uninstall button, Amahi hang on "Preparing to uninstall..."

I checked the /var/hda/web-apps/ dir and there is no Zoneminder folder there. However, Zoneminder still appears on the dashboard and it shows up as an installed app.

How do I correct this? Ultimately I'd like to reinstall Zoneminder, but I can't do this through the web interface until it is removed from the Installed Apps.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Zoneminder won't complete uninstall

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:53 pm

Check for the existence of /var/hda/web-apps/zm. If it's missing, then something has gone wrong while uninstalling or it was manually deleted.

Please post the pertinent parts of /var/log/amahi-app-installer.log file.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

mcromig

Postby mcromig » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:18 pm

There is no /var/hda/web-apps/zm. I did not manually delete it, so it must have been a problem with the uninstall.

Here is the /var/log/amahi-app-installer.log file -

var/hda/platform/html/app/models/app.rb:284:in `chdir': No such file or directory - /var/hda/web-apps/zm (Errno::ENOENT)
from /var/hda/platform/html/app/models/app.rb:284:in `uninstall_bg'
from /var/hda/platform/html/script/install-app:92:in `install_or_uninstall'
from /var/hda/platform/html/script/install-app:107:in `main'
from /var/hda/platform/html/script/install-app:119:in `<main>'
======= app uninstall begin @ 2014-12-01 19:24:50 -0500 ==========
Uninstalling app id yi7uxa8mlb under /var/hda/platform/html/script/.. ENV=production

Thanks!

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:23 pm

Odd. Did you click uninstall more than once? That could cause issues. What browser are you using?

Recommend you submit a bug report so we can diagnose this one. There may be a simple solution to get it uninstalled.

Please provide the details that led to this error. For example, what browser you were using, what actions you took, version of Amahi 7 (check settings tab), etc.

Please add me as a watcher.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

mcromig

Postby mcromig » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:50 pm

I am using Chrome as a browser. I did try and uninstall multiple times, because ZM persisted as an installed App after the first uninstall.

I attempted to uninstall Zoneminder, yet it still appeared to be present in the both the dashboard and the Installed Apps section of my HDA web interface when I later logged into the HDA. I attempted to uninstall again from the web-app interface, and now the uninstaller hangs and says "Preparing to uninstall..."

I haven't taken any other actions besides reading a lot of forums to see if anyone had a solution or similar problem, but I came up empty. (Doc, I tried nothin' and I'm all out of ideas.) Reading the forums is what lead me to check on the status of the /var/hda/web-apps/zm folder, which was absent.

Attempting the access Zoneminder from dashboard tile, which is still present, brings up a new Amahi log-in page, which I guess is not surprising.

I have submitted a bug report as suggested.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:55 pm

Thanks for the info. I see the bug report. I have added some additional details.

We will take a look at this when time permits. Please understand it might be a few days. Check the bug status periodically for updates.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager