Random Shutdown Amahi 7.4

panzer

Random Shutdown Amahi 7.4

Postby panzer » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:13 pm

Hi

My machine is shutting down randomly. I have tried different PSU and also UBUNTU with the same problem. I did not have the issue with UBUNTU 12.04 standard.

My machine is still shutting down on A fresh installation of Amahi 7.1 on the following

Asus M5A97 mobo am3+
amd 6 CORE FX
Chipset - AMD 760G (780L)/SB710
Integrated ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 GPU

Any information on this would help, it seems that as soon as the terminal screen shows i have about 3 minutes before it starts to shut down Amahi 7.4 * stopping all processes cleanly) It was about an hour with amahi 7.1

My theory was Gnome 3 and the AMD 3000HD were having issues ?
any help would be greatly appreciated.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Random Shutdown Amahi 7.4

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:49 pm

Could be a driver issue or is it possible the CPU is overheating and causing the shutdown.

Did you install with Express CD? If so, might consider starting over and using full DVD or USB install methods.

https://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Amahi_7_full_DVD
or
https://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Fedora_19_USB_install

Often times when users have problems with the Express CD, the full install corrects it as there is more hardware support available with that version.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

panzer

Postby panzer » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:02 pm

Could be a driver issue or is it possible the CPU is overheating and causing the shutdown.

Did you install with Express CD? If so, might consider starting over and using full DVD or USB install methods.

https://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Amahi_7_full_DVD
or
https://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Fedora_19_USB_install

Often times when users have problems with the Express CD, the full install corrects it as there is more hardware support available with that version.

Hi Thankyou for the reply, i had installed via the Express DVD total clean install.
I left it on the terminal screen and after 15 mins or so it shut down.

I checked my temperatures via BIOS and their 30c - 40 so their not hitting the limit.

Would you know if the 7.4 Amahi update includes GNOME 3 ? - Would installing the catalyst drivers for ATI cards change anything regardless that there is no GUI Desktop environment installed ~(headless) ?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:05 pm

Amahi Express CD does not include any desktop, it's all headless. The Full DVD install method is the same, headless with no desktop therefore no Gnome 3.

Gnome cannot be your problem unless you installed the Amahi VNC application.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

panzer

Postby panzer » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:14 pm

Amahi Express CD does not include any desktop, it's all headless. The Full DVD install method is the same, headless with no desktop therefore no Gnome 3.

Gnome cannot be your problem unless you installed the Amahi VNC application.
The install is standard without installing any apps while the login prompt is on the screen for about 5 minutes i can see it kick off something that makes a shutdown script run ?

Ok, so if there is no desktop environment then the display drivers * catalyst for ati* do not have to be installed ?

I am stumped with whats going on, i have a feeling that the kernel update may be related somewhat ?

The problems i feel maybe related to the following *ATI GFX card driver(onboard) or the Chipset on the motherboard.

LOST.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:22 pm

Could be. I recommend you try one of the other install methods I mentioned. It could be there is some driver missing that is needed for your MB or hardware.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

panzer

Postby panzer » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:36 pm

Could be. I recommend you try one of the other install methods I mentioned. It could be there is some driver missing that is needed for your MB or hardware.

Thats odd.. the HDA updates to 7.4 from 7.1

I thought Fedora 19 would have all the relevant drivers included on the installation DVD for Amahi? Is there a terminal command to download the new drivers for supported hardware ?

Its very frustrating.. i am at a point of going to install windows to see if everything stays on so then i would know if its a software OS issue or a Hardware issue.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:39 pm

Thats odd.. the HDA updates to 7.4 from 7.1
That's normal. We have not created a new Express CD version since it's very complicated and time consuming. No real reason to as the HDA will automatically update to the latest Amahi version.
I thought Fedora 19 would have all the relevant drivers included on the installation DVD for Amahi? Is there a terminal command to download the new drivers for supported hardware ?
The Express CD is a custom spin of Fedora 19 with Amahi included. To make it small, there may have been things left out. Fedora 19 cannot cover every possible hardware device either. As for downloading drivers, you would have to search the internet to see if there is an option.

That's why if you use the full DVD and follow the guidance for it, you will get everything that is potentially needed for your hardware. It is possible that Fedora might not have drivers for some hardware too.

You could try Windows or a Live CD and see if it stays up.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

panzer

Postby panzer » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:45 pm

The Express CD is a custom spin of Fedora 19 with Amahi included. To make it small, there may have been things left out.

That's why if you use the full DVD and follow the guidance for it, you will get everything that is potentially needed for your hardware. It is possible that Fedora might not have drivers for some hardware too.

You could try Windows or a Live CD and see if it stays up.
I have left the machine on in BIOS and it seems to stay on for hours without any problem.
I will try the full fedora 19 installation via USB over the next few days and see what happens.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:45 pm

Sounds good. Please let us know how it goes.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager