Early access to the new "Automated Install"

cpg
Administrator

Re: Early access to the new "Automated Install"

Postby cpg » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:55 am

hi!
this is a bug. we accidentally did not release the proper version of hda-install to the repos!

what you are seeing is correct. it does not restart (it's stuck asking the user if she would like to restart!!).

you can type:

Code: Select all

ctrl-alt-f3
then

Code: Select all

killall hda-install
and it will reboot.

we're very interested in the /hda-install.log file!!

please share it, though not publicly here, as it contains your install code. you can PM me or come by the IRC, or email at cpg at this domain.

this will be fixed today!
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:56 am

oh, and thanks for catching the https issue!

i fixed the wiki. the amahi.org site does support https, however, the anaconda installer apparently does not.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:40 pm

ok, we appear to have the kickstart working pending the issue of monit not being initialized properly ...

we also pushed some fixes and made it run faster. soon we;ll have selection of desktop and other things.

oh, and one other thing - we're not sure this install method is 100% reliable.

so keep on testing and report here!

thanks for the feedback!!

jfarrar21

Postby jfarrar21 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:28 am

I installed over the weekend and all went as expected including the reboot and restart. My HDA is waiting for me to access through the browser. I will do further testing during this week. So far a clean install with no error messages.

vogelap

Postby vogelap » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:45 am

Can I install via this method (KS) when using the DVD, or must I download the netinstall? I've already got the DVD downloaded and burned...

bsk

Postby bsk » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:15 am

You can use the DVD, but it is not supported yet so dont use it to be your main install, cause there are still problems.

If this is going to be your MAIN HDA, use the main install method.
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

vogelap

Postby vogelap » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:11 am

Thanks for your message. Will I _eventually_ be able to use the DVD/KS method as my main install? That would be ideal... We have a nice fat internet pipe at work, so I can download and burn the DVD there, then bring it home and install Ahami from the local installation media (my net connection at home isn't so reliable).

bsk

Postby bsk » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:06 am

More than likely yes. Right now were still hard at work with it to get it running correctly but having problems.

Were still not 100% sure we will go this way, but if it works im sure we will.
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

marcel

Postby marcel » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:16 pm

My hda server just failed. The httpd service is not starting. I think i do a reinstall. Must i test a new automated install..?
My HDA cpu: E1400 2Ghz; motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2H; memory: Team 2Gb DDR2; 200GB OS HDD, 2x western digital GP 1TB storage HDDs; case: Antec P182

bsk

Postby bsk » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:48 pm

No, its not recommended for your "main" HDA. Since there are a few bugs still, use the normal method please.

Also, you might not have to do a reinstall, if you want, create a new thread and we can discuss your problem or stop by the IRC Channel and we can troubleshoot.