Missing Webapp button Amahi 7

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Missing Webapp button Amahi 7

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:44 pm

The only reason I did it that way was the log files were owned by root. Otherwise I would have just done 1 chown for apache:users. Not sure if it matters, but I can change it.

EDIT: I did see where I made a mistake. Doing a chown with no owner:group is pointless as is making it recursive on a single file LOL The wiki has been updated and added two scripts that capture the tutorial to make it easier for users.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

lancaster71

Postby lancaster71 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:55 am

Thanks a lot for the manual install walk through. It all seems to work fine until I get to the stuff after choosing the id number. Am I supposed to replace more than just 'appname' somewhere? I re-checked my commands from above and they all look good.

Code: Select all

[root@localhost conf.d]# echo "select max(id) from dns_aliases" | mysql -uroot -phda hda_production max(id) 8 [root@localhost conf.d]# echo "select max(id) from webapps" | mysql -uroot -phda hda_production max(id) 2 [root@localhost conf.d]# echo "INSERT INTO `dns_aliases` (`id`, `name`, `address`) VALUES(99, 'website', '')" | mysql -uroot -phda hda_production bash: dns_aliases: command not found bash: name: command not found bash: address: command not found ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 1: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '(uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root), , ,) VALUES(99, 'website', '')' at line 1

lancaster71

Postby lancaster71 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:27 am

So I thought I would try and put an index.html file in the directory just to give it a shot, and it seems to be working, for hosting the page. What do those last two echo lines add?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:09 am

Those lines ensure the all the web app pieces are in place, to include display in the Aliases part of the dashboard under Networking.

You probably encountred the copy and paste issue we have with the wiki. To correct it, copy the text, then remove the first and last character temporarily, then add them back. That usually removes the hidden character that causes issues.

I often copy the text into an editor, do that, then copy it from there to command line. Typically works fine for me. Thanks for reporting the success of the routine. You can also try the script files as well which will should not work without issue.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

lancaster71

Postby lancaster71 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:45 am

Ah, okay.
I tried that as well as typing the whole thing in and still get those commands not found.

Edit: Ill give those script files a shot later this evening.

lancaster71

Postby lancaster71 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:57 am

Tried the script out changing the numbers so they didn't match the ones I used the first time around and switched out webapp. When I ran it I got a similar error as I did the first time around.

Code: Select all

ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 1: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '(uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root), , , , , , , , , , , ) VALUES(98, 'scrip' at line 1

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:38 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I will take a look tonight and see if I made an error when transcribing it to the wiki. I will update the guidance accordingly.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:36 pm

Turns out I made an error by not removing the symbol ` in the SQL code. I have updated the site accordingly.

Also found a few issues in the scripts that I missed, so those have been corrected. They should be uploaded shortly and available for download.

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for all the hassle. I usually test things better but guess I was in a hurry this time.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

mfs34

Postby mfs34 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:46 pm

Hey after running the web app script and trying the manual walk through found here: https://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Amahi_ ... al_Web_App I am still not able to get a hello world web app working. I am actually trying to get headphones to run, so following the tutorial in that link was pretty helpful, and I'm pretty sure I followed everything to a T.... my permissions all look good.... no errors when I issued the SQL commands, however I am just getting looped back to the main http://www.amahi.org/ site with a visible redirect everytime i try to navigate to http://headphones/ Is there any way I can diagnose this bad boy? I'm not sure why its redirecting to amahi.org... hm... any help would be appreciated

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:21 am

Did you copy and paste? If so, sometimes there are hidden special characters that accompany the text. I made some changes last night to that page to mitigate future issues.

Recommend you retrace your steps to ensure there are no special characters in the files you modified. Also verify that appname has been replaced by the name you chosen throughout the files as noted in the tutorial.

This does work, so something else must be wrong. Also did you restart HTTPD after making changes?
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager