VPN bridging on Ubuntu

theyoungsdotca

VPN bridging on Ubuntu

Postby theyoungsdotca » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:20 pm

I was about to setup VPN bridging on my HDA which is built on Ubuntu 12.04.
There is a procedure for [wiki]VPN_Bridging[/wiki] in the Wiki which appears to be Fedora specific.

Could someone who's set this up on Ubuntu before please provide instructions, either here or by updating the Wiki?

Atomic

Re: VPN bridging on Ubuntu

Postby Atomic » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:47 pm

Hi,

I can see this post is getting a little bit old now but I would just like to give it a bump.

I'm having the same issue with the bridging the VPN on Ubuntu. I've followed the guide to the best of my abilities making the relevant changes I thought were required for this to work in Ubuntu but this has not been very successful.

My initial attempt allowed me to connect via VPN but did not appear to be bridged. Looked like default configuration from the remote machine.

Then on the next go it caused issues for all machines on the network with DNS and DHCP not working for everything.

I have now reverted everything back to basics "I think" and everything appears to work in the default configuration but having the VPN in bridged mode would be a great advantage to me and any help fixing this would be much appreciated.

Thanks Tom

hoperts

Postby hoperts » Tue May 07, 2013 3:55 pm

Same issue with the bridging the torrents VPN. I've followed the guide to the best of my abilities making the relevant changes I thought were required for this to work in has not been very successful.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue May 07, 2013 5:26 pm

Since this guidance is for Fedora, I would not expect it to work for Ubuntu. Not sure if anyone has been successful doing the same thing with Ubuntu or not. If so, we need them to add guidance to the wiki.

Not sure, but maybe a internet search will net some help.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2