Minecraft Server App Problem

jtcweb

Minecraft Server App Problem

Postby jtcweb » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:45 am

I bought the Minecraft Server App and am able to install it. However it doesn't appear to work. The message I get is:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

There are not really any instructions to go with this app so I have no way to troubleshot it. I saw the wiki at http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/McMyAdmin but I don't know if this has to be installed along with the app. If I have to install McMyAdmin, I'm not sure what the app does for me. However the first command from the wiki, "apt-get install mono-basic​", results in "Unable to locate package mono-basic". When I go to the servers sub-tab on the hda web page I see several running (Apache, DNS ...) but I do not see anything that looks like Minecraft. When I go to http://minecraft-server.home.com/control/ I get a big green button that says click to start, but nothing appears to happen.

My install is Ubuntu server and I'm running it headless. I am new to Linux/Amahi but have run WHS for years and am starting to make the switch.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Minecraft Server App Problem

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:48 am

Please understand this app is in ALPHA for Ubuntu. As a result, I do not believe it has not been ported to work with Ubuntu.

If you would like to help port it to Ubuntu, please submit a bug in the issue tracker. We will get to it as soon as we can.

http://bugs.amahi.org

Ensure you indicate this app is in ALPHA and also it would help if you could provide some detail from the app install log located in /var/log directory.

I am guessing that the service to start the app needs to be updated to work with Ubuntu as it works in Fedora 14. BTW, it is live in Fedora 14 as well. To check the status of apps before you purchase them, look at the bottom right part of the page.

http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/App_release_process

Understand that apps that are not LIVE may not work.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

jtcweb

Postby jtcweb » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:25 am

I'm sorry but I did not realize that Ubuntu being in a pink button meant is was still in testing.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:32 pm

Not a problem. That is why I pointed it out. Many folks do not realize the colors have meaning. By understanding the meaning, it saves us all a lot of time and effort.

If it's ALPHA, best not to try. BETA might be ok, but LIVE is the only one ensured to be stable.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

theyoungsdotca

Postby theyoungsdotca » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:58 pm

I've been watching this app for the last year, checking in from time to time. On Saturday I noticed it was live for Ubuntu HDAs so I purchased it.

After preforming the one click instalation I was left with the same three issues as jtcweb.
I was able to get things going manually despite of the three issues listed above which remain outstanding. Let me know how Amahi would like to approach this. I'd be happy to cooperate in any way possible.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:05 pm

I am sorry, but it is not LIVE for Ubuntu. Not sure where you looked, but it has not been promoted due to current issues.

http://i.imgur.com/SQVIBhf.png

We currently are working on Amahi 7 for Fedora 18, but this app is in the queue. It will be a while before we can spend time diagnosing the issues, so please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

It would be helpful if you could file a bug in the Amahi issue tracker. That will provide us with visibility of the issues.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

theyoungsdotca

Postby theyoungsdotca » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:34 pm

Oooops. You're totally correct. I must have got overexcited when I saw the new green square around Fedora 14.

I'll check the bug tracker and add my specific issues unless they are already being worked on.

I'd like to keep using the software. Would updates for the Ubuntu 12.04 version be released as bugs are fixed, or will it remain as is until Amahi 7 is done?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:06 pm

The app will not be worked until Amahi 7 is finished most likely. No estimate as to when we will get around to working on it.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager