Primary Domain Controller Issues

srv

Primary Domain Controller Issues

Postby srv » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:42 am

Hello,

I have enabled PDC option and followed the Wiki article but when attempting to logon from Windows 7 Ultimate I get error:

THE USER PROFILE SERVICE FAILED THE LOGON

THE USER PROFILE COULD NOT BE LOADED

Upon clicking OK it then puts me back to the Windows Login Screen requesting Username and Password

Any ideas ??

srv

Re: Primary Domain Controller Issues

Postby srv » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:32 am

I formatted my windows machine and all seems ok now :-)

But when logging out it seems windows has created a temporary profile. I have tried loggin out and back in and it has made no difference. Im getting the baloon message saying a temporary profile has been loaded

srv

Postby srv » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:49 am

i resolved the elevation issue by using command:

net groupmap add ntgroup="Domain Admins" unixgroup=users rid=512 type=d

This fixed the elevation issue where no matter what username i used including root i could not even enable windows update.

srv

Postby srv » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:01 am

temporary profile issue STILL exists, although elevation problem fixed.

Desperately need some help with this please. :cry:

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:28 am

Have you checked the wiki for guidance?

http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/PDC
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

srv

Postby srv » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:48 am

Hello,

I have created the registry file, i did notice a mistake with the file that had to be created in order for the registry to accept it "Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00" has to be included in the first line of the notepad document aswell.

I then did the commands:

​smbpasswd -a root

smbpasswd -e root
service smb restart
service nmb restart​

I then logged in to the windows machine (is this correct as it sounds like what the Wiki meant, or is it meant to be the fedora machine?) as root and then logged out.

I then logged in with my username which matches the username specified when installing Fedora and the one used to login to fedora.

tried logging out and back in and get the temporary profile message.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:38 pm

Sorry I am not much help as I have never used PDC. The forums are your best avenue for help.

If you sort out anything that might help others, please feel free to update the wiki. We want to keep the help readily available for those who may need it.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

srv

Postby srv » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:13 pm

Im a newbie to this aswell . . .:-)

as it was an issue to do with users and temporary file I thought ill create a new user.

I created a new user via Amahi and then logged in the windows machine as that and the temporary message didn't come up.

I thought well it must be something to do with that user so if its anything to do with profiles it must be permissions, I played about making the other user main admin and then deleting the original user I set up fedora with and then recreated it and it still had same issue.

I then went to /var/hda/domain-settings/profiles/XXXXX.V2 (where XXXXX.V2 was the problem profile and checked the permissions) the owner was ROOT !

This was why I was getting the temporary profile message from windows. It was because when logging in as XXXXX.V2 user it did not have permission to access the folder.

Happy Days ! ! ! !

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:33 pm

Awesome! Good job on getting it going. If there is anything you could add to the wiki, maybe for troubleshooting or any missing steps, we would greatly appreciate it.

We want to make the wiki the primary source of info for users. So much easier to organize and search than the forums.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

iamwally

Postby iamwally » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:55 am

Hey bigfoot and srv, i also have my hda setup as a PDC and problem is slightly different but wondering if your solution will cure my problem as well. My problem is logging on or off at my windows 7 machines takes FOREVER! Sometimes i just have to power it off because it never logs off. Do you think applying your solution may fix my issue as well?

Thanks,

John

[ Post made via iPad ] Image