Webacula install

kent

Webacula install

Postby kent » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:26 am

Hi all,
I have bacula installed and running fine on my amahi server. My problem is installing webacula to access the interface. Can anyone guide me on how to do this step hy step?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Webacula install

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:42 am

How did you install it?

We have attempted to package this in the past but still not working quite right. You might try using Webmin app to config it via web interface. There is a plugin for Webmin that works with backula.

http://www.amahi.org/apps/webmin

Not sure if anyone else has had success getting it installed and working, but if they have I hope they will share. Otherwise you may be on your own.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

kent

Postby kent » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:36 pm

Well i tried via yum and also from source but no luck...

Thanks for the tip though. I will try the webmin module as you suggest.
At least there is another option...

Thanks alot for you help.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:58 am

Is there a reason why you want to use Webacula? We may have other solutions that might work just as well if not better. For instance, check out the CrashPlan app or you can use Clonezilla if you need bare metal backup capability.

http://www.amahi.org/apps/crashplan

There are many free 3rd party backup programs that you can use on most clients to automatically back up to the HDA. I use Cobian Backup on my machines (Windows) and it works quite well for me.

We have been experimenting with BackupPC, but not sure if it is working correctly. The web app appears to install fine, but has not been thoroughly tested.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2