SABnzbd, CouchPotato, and Sick Beard Interaction

bigfoot65
Project Manager

SABnzbd, CouchPotato, and Sick Beard Interaction

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:23 am

Hello,

I was wondering how SABnzbd, CouchPotato, and Sick Beard interact together. I know SABnzbd can fly solo, but can CouchPotato and Sick Beard do the same?

We are considering release of these apps in the near future and want to ensure we don't release one without the other if they must work together. For example, why release CouchPotato and not SABnzbd if one depends on the other.

If someone could educate us on a typical use of it all that would be great.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

apastor

Re: SABnzbd, CouchPotato, and Sick Beard Interaction

Postby apastor » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:09 am

I have all 3 of these installed. They work great. About 4 weeks ago my Sickbeard stopped worting. I did an update from within sickbeard and now its working.

I know sickbeard works with SABnzbd. I believe the newer version supports torrents, but I believe its in alpha/beta phase and not recommended at the moment

As for couchpotato, it supports both aswell, but i think it works well with torrents. (thats how I used it)

I dont use couchpotato too much. (rarely actually). I use sickbeard all the time. I love it for TV shows

Anything else let me know
Proxmox Server: Currently Not Running Amahi
CPU: AMD FX 6100 Six Core
RAM: 8GB DDR3
HDD: 4x1TB RAID10 (Adaptec)

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:49 am

Looking for an experienced SickBeard user to test the latest app update. If all goes well, we can release it to Live soon.

If interested, please PM me with your amahi.org user name. If you already have access to the app, please uninstall, reinstall, and report back how it is working.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

rbmattis

Postby rbmattis » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:38 pm

Hi Bigfoot, I was one of the Testers of Sabnzbd Plus Update Test which was on 0.6.5. Today I took the plunge, and paid for Sabnzbd Plus, Sickbeard, and Couchpotato.

I uninstalled Sabnzbd Plus Update Test, then installed Sabnzbd Plus, Sickbeard, and Couchpotato.

Unfortunately, something got messed up. I changed the port on Sabnzbd to 8080 (what it used to be on the Update Test) and restarted. Now the webapp link is broken, but when I go to http://sabnzbdplus:8080/sabnzbd/ it looks like Sabnzbd Plus Update Test was never correctly uninstalled... it shows up as 0.6.5.

Ideas how to fully remove all instances of Sabnzbd so I can make it work properly?

Thanks,
rbmattis

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:08 pm

It would be best not to change the port. If you do, there are other changes that need made.

First you have to change it in the /var/hda/web-apps/sabnzbdplus/html/.htaccess file. You will see the port set in there to 25915. You can try changing it to 8080, but it may not work. It works fine for ports other than 80, but not sure if 8080 will be seen as 80 to Apache.

Then in the /var/hda/web-apps/sabnzbdplus/html/sabnzbd.ini file you need to change it as well from 25915 to 8080.

The only restart that should be needed is the sabnzbdplus service.

Code: Select all

service sabnzbdplus restart
Try that and see if it comes back. Otherwise, recommend you uninstall and then reinstall. Keep in mind that uninstalling the new version copies your sabnzbd.ini file to the newsgroup share. You will want to remove it from there before reinstalling so you get the stock copy.

Hope that helps.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

rbmattis

Postby rbmattis » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:41 pm

i think i got SAB and CPotato running.

Sickbeard OTOH, I got the user and pwd changed in the config file and web UI but when i click the update button:

"500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/hda/web-apps/sickbeard/html/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 660, in respond
response.body = self.handler()
File "/var/hda/web-apps/sickbeard/html/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 193, in __call__
self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
File "/var/hda/web-apps/sickbeard/html/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 25, in __call__
return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/var/hda/web-apps/sickbeard/html/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 1960, in update
class Home:
File "/var/hda/web-apps/sickbeard/html/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 98, in _munge
class TVDBWebUI:
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/Cheetah/Template.py", line 1010, in __unicode__
return getattr(self, mainMethName)()
File "_var_hda_web_apps_sickbeard_html_data_interfaces_default_restart_bare_tmpl.py", line 92, in respond
NameError: global name 'NameMapper' is not defined"

rbmattis

Postby rbmattis » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:42 pm

nevermind, it appears up to date

achmetinternet

Postby achmetinternet » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:46 am

I am using SABnzbd+ with CPS (couchpotato v2) and everything works fine, i.e. renaming of files from download folder of SAB works and they are moved to the right location. However, what is left are empty folders in the download folder of SAB. Any idea why they are not deleted?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:50 am

It may not be a feature of the apps. I do not use them, so cannot say for sure. Recommend checking the app web sites and see if there is any guidance.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager