I broke my SickBeard

BrianGee

I broke my SickBeard

Postby BrianGee » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:10 am

I'm a complete Amahi Noob. Today I decided to convert my useless HP Mediasmart Home Server into an Amahi HDA, and so far, so good.

Except like I said, I'm a n00b...so when I downloaded SickBeard, I clicked the "Update Now" button...and got a 500 error that won't go away. It's been about 20 minutes now, I was kind of hoping it would heal itself.

500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/hda/web-apps/sickbeard/html/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 660, in respond
response.body = self.handler()
File "/var/hda/web-apps/sickbeard/html/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 193, in __call__
self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
File "/var/hda/web-apps/sickbeard/html/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 25, in __call__
return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/var/hda/web-apps/sickbeard/html/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 1806, in index
epList.sort(sorts[sort])
File "/var/hda/web-apps/sickbeard/html/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 98, in _munge
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Cheetah/Template.py", line 1010, in __unicode__
return getattr(self, mainMethName)()
File "_var_hda_web_apps_sickbeard_html_data_interfaces_default_home_tmpl.py", line 102, in respond
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Cheetah/Template.py", line 1615, in _handleCheetahInclude
self._CHEETAH__cheetahIncludes[_includeID].respond(trans)
File "cheetah__var_hda_web_apps_sickbeard_html_data_interfaces_default_inc_top_tmpl_1316620920_11_28243.py", line 273, in respond
NotFound: cannot find 'flash'

BrianGee

Re: I broke my SickBeard

Postby BrianGee » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:35 am

Actually, after a reboot of the server, I hit the update button again, and all is well.

It even built a config.ini file automagically!

achmetinternet

Postby achmetinternet » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:30 pm

I deleted the .git folder and now continue to get the 500 error even after a reboot.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:28 pm

Not enough details provided. What are you asking?
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

achmetinternet

Postby achmetinternet » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:04 am

OK, I had a similar issue to BrianGee as I was told I am 6 commits behind and should update. When click the update now link it tells me:

Unable to find your git executable - either delete your .git folder and run from source OR set git_path in your config.ini to enable updates.

So since I would like to continue using git I tried to set the git_path variable to /usr/bin/git but still the error persisted.

I also read some other forum entries like this one where a user reports the same problem:
http://sickbeard.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=534

The alternative solution to make auto-updating or updating from WebUI work seems to be to delete the .git folder. I have done that and now the message on the top tells me I am running from source and it needs to determine my version and another update now link can be clicked.

When I click this one I get the 500 internal error.

I cannot check the error lines now but will add them later if needed.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:14 am

This was a quite old message thread, so not sure if there was any resolution. Is this the Amahi install or manual? What OS? We have updated the app recently, so might be worth a try if you have not done so recently.

Last time I tested it, appeared to be working correctly on all OSes. Is there anything in the logs that might help?
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

achmetinternet

Postby achmetinternet » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:26 am

I initially installed it as a one click app but then copied the git folders contents from midgetspy as this seemed to me more actual.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:37 am

The Amahi app should have the capability for update. If you copied files, ensure the are owned by apache:users. Manually updating Amahi apps can break them. Might consider uninstall and reinstall.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager