Network adapter restores after each reboot

SebaD

Network adapter restores after each reboot

Postby SebaD » Sun May 22, 2011 11:21 pm

Hello,

Amahi seems to be a great concept and I hope it gets friendlier ;-)

I need to configure it with dynamic IP address and to take all the required info from a given gateway/router/DHCP device.
I'm trying to do that in Amahi 6 installed from scratch along with Fedora 14.

I have tried 2 methods:
1- change the network adapter details-> it gets restored to AMAHi factory settings after each reboot (DNS&DHCP 192.168.1.10)
2- used the hda-change-gw & hda-change-dns but the given static IP gets restored each time after reboot

3-A secondary issue for which I hope I don't need a second thread: the "Add/Remove Programs" dipapears randomly and I have to restore it with

Code: Select all

yum install pirut
Thank you guys,
Seba

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Network adapter restores after each reboot

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon May 23, 2011 5:14 am

The Amahi HDA is assigned a static IP by default. This is controlled by what you entered in your amahi.org profile for the instance. So you would need to set that to match your device.

As for the add/remove programs, it is removed by default. You can install most applications via command line. Since this is a server designed to be headless, most users do not have a need for it.

This issue with it disappearing might be a bug in Fedora. Suggest you check their site for details.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

SebaD

Postby SebaD » Mon May 23, 2011 8:15 am

Thank you for the timely response.
Agreed for Add/Remove programs.

Could you elaborate more on how/where can I change the current settings(->dynamic IP, my DNS server, ...)?
Do I have to remove and reinstall everything?

Thanks
Seba

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon May 23, 2011 10:53 am

These settings are done when you create your HDA profile on amahi.org. If you need to change them, it will have to be done there. Do to the complexity of changing so many settings, you will have to reinstall.

Sorry, we are hoping to have a better way to do this one day. It has been identified, but not available as of yet. Ensure your profile reflects exactly how you want your hda to connect.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

SebaD

Postby SebaD » Mon May 23, 2011 11:42 am

I'll try to reinstall amahi only.
If I'll have to reinstall the whole OS for this network card issue I'm afraid is going to be a dealbreaker for me. I've waste already 2 one full weekend on it...