the root for the previously installed system was not found

itfarmer

the root for the previously installed system was not found

Postby itfarmer » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:13 pm

Ooops,

Trying to do the upgrad as per http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/F12_to_F14_update works all fine till i get to

"•When downloading all packages has finished, you will need to reboot, however, since this may take a long time, you may want to re-enable your router's DHCP server for the duration of the actual update (and release the HDA lease, then get a new one from the router!) "

After the reboot I get a pop up screen "Upgrade root not found"
The root for the previous installed system was not found

Any idea what that is?

Amahi is installed in a VMWARE configuration as a guest, running on a windows 2008R2 host...

Thanks
H.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: the root for the previously installed system was not fou

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:27 am

Is this using the DVD for upgrade or via the internet? I would recommend booting to the Fedora 14 DVD and selecting upgrade.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

itfarmer

Postby itfarmer » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:23 pm

Hey Bigfoot,

It was a internet upgrade, I have fedora working now but Amahi generates heaps of errors.

I have sent an error log etc but have not heard back, guess i wait for the next update hopefully that will fixes somethings.

Currently I can work with Amahi, but I do regret going to Amahi6 due to the limited software availability.

Thanks for the excellent software anyway.

H.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:16 am

Have you run Fedora updates? That might be part of the problem. Sorry you regret upgrading as you should not. Amahi 6 is much improved.

Part of the problem with doing an upgrade is any tweaks the user has made to the system can cause problems. Recommend you check logs in /var/logs directory and see if there are any clues there.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2