Greyhole service stopped

jayrock

Greyhole service stopped

Postby jayrock » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:36 pm

Hello,

just noticed by coincidence that Greyhole on my hda has stopped working. I cannot start it via HDA dashboard or via the console.

Here's the debug information according to the "Greyhole troubleshooting" wiki: http://pastebin.com/3gYZvC22

However I think the log is more interesting. Here's the relevant part: http://pastebin.com/m2G969mn

Have a look at these two lines:

Code: Select all

Feb 25 20:57:13 2 read_smb_spool: Can't get tasks count: Table 'greyhole.tasks' doesn't exist Feb 25 20:58:15 4 daemon: Found a share (jayrockDoc) defined in /etc/greyhole.conf with no path in /etc/samba/smb.conf. Either add this share in /etc/samba/smb.conf, or remove it from /etc/greyhole.conf, then restart Greyhole.
Any clue what's going on?

Cheers

jayrock

gboudreau

Re: Greyhole service stopped

Postby gboudreau » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:53 pm

You seem to be missing the MySQL tables that Greyhole uses.
Did you somehow upgraded Greyhole or Amahi recently ?
Maybe from Amahi 5 to Amahi 6 (F12 to F14) ?
- Guillaume Boudreau

jayrock

Postby jayrock » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:13 pm

Yes, as you can see in the logs I'm on Fedora 14. I did a clean install from scratch like two weeks ago. First it worked fine, the problem only occurred recently. Don't think I changed anything in the setup then, have no clue what triggered this misbehaviour.

/jayrock

gboudreau

Postby gboudreau » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:17 am

You should file a bug on the Amahi bug tracker.
Maybe check in past greyhole.log files (found in /var/log) to see when the error started.
The easy solution is to re-create the tables, but that wouldn't help finding what made that table disappear in the first place.
- Guillaume Boudreau

jayrock

Postby jayrock » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:26 am

Thanks Guillaume,

how do I recreate the tables? I'm in #amahi irc now trying to fix it with the guys.

/jayrock

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:31 am

Greyhole tables need to be created and initialized, in the update path to Amahi 6. We are creating a script to do all this.

This is not going to be longer an issue.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

gboudreau

Postby gboudreau » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:10 am

Execute everything found in /usr/share/greyhole/schema-mysql.sql into the MySQL console:

mysql -ugreyhole -pgreyhole greyhole
You might get errors for already existing tables; that's fine.
- Guillaume Boudreau

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:43 am

he already ran the new update script, which drops the db if it exists and loads that sql file you mention to initialize it.

incidentally, 0.9.1 is live in the beta, hoping to get some mileage on it.

note: his issue is that service greyhole status indicates stopped.
restarting it seems to show all [ OK ] ... (except the php datetime warning issue that i am fixing as we discuss this thread)

nothing in the gh log, and i could not get him to investigate deeper at the time and had no chance to investigate myself.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

jayrock

Postby jayrock » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:01 am

Hi cpg and gboudreau,

I guess I got the issue mitigated. gboudreau suggested to run

mysql -u greyhole -pgreyhole greyhole < /usr/share/greyhole/schema-mysql.sql
After that the service immediately started and everything looks ok so far. Log is ok, files are in place.

I looked at the migration script and though I'm no expert in SQL I cannot spot the difference compared to what the terminal command does.

For completeness, here's my /var/log/monit: http://pastebin.com/6vzW11sx
Doesn't show much. There is one older copy but that looks the same (same messages, just different time stamps).

So the best conclusion that I can draw is that (i) most probably I experienced the issue that cpg suspected from the beginning and (ii) most probably something's not correct with the ruby script. Maybe you can draw more/other conclusions?

Could it be related to the fact that I installed the beta some 14 days ago, presumably I started with an earlier version then? Might explain why others do not experience this. Just speculating.

/jayrock

hexidecimal

Postby hexidecimal » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:56 pm

Thanks for this. Same thing happened to myself. Running

mysql -u greyhole -pgreyhole greyhole < /usr/share/greyhole/schema-mysql.sql
Did fix the issue immediately and now Greyhole is once again running and commands are working via the terminal.