Amahi not loaded on F12??

hfxrzw

Amahi not loaded on F12??

Postby hfxrzw » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:13 am

I have a problem getting the program installed. I installed F12 from the live cd, but the install sequence didn't go as indicated in the notes. I never got the option to add a repository to include amahi. The live cd ran and I have F12 installed now. However, I can't get to an install posibility. F12 doesn't allow additional repositories.

I have tried the terminal option as indicated in other posts. I have tried HDA-installer with and without -f, I have tried amahi-installer, all with or without the install code, but nothing happens. Or it tells me that

amahi-installer --- command not found
hda-installer --- command not found

Any advise?

BTW this was a clean install, no previous Fedora or Amahi on the disk.

Appreciate your help, thanks!

Cheers, Rene

PS I'm a real newby at this!

marcel

Re: Amahi not loaded on F12??

Postby marcel » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:46 am

Hi hfxrzw,

Live cd install is not supported. Also see http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Self-install
My HDA cpu: E1400 2Ghz; motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2H; memory: Team 2Gb DDR2; 200GB OS HDD, 2x western digital GP 1TB storage HDDs; case: Antec P182

hfxrzw

Postby hfxrzw » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:58 am

Understand the above, but the only version I found for download of F12 is the livecd version. So what now?

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:09 pm

there are mirrors: http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist/Fedora/12/

and torrents: http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/

if you cannot get the DVD even then, then the only option you have left is install fedora 12 first then use the self-install instructions in the wiki self-install page, posted by marcel above.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

hfxrzw

Postby hfxrzw » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:37 am

Thanks Team, got it now. F12 installed without an issue and Amahi eventually as well. Had to do it again because in the initial 'creation' on the website I had made a mistake in not directing properly to my gateway.

Just two things:

1 - I haven been able to switch off the DHCP server in Amahi. The Wiki page refers to a sequence Setup -> Apps -> Servers but there is no Servers page in Apps, just loads of programs. I tried to get some info and noted the sticky with a manual on this forum, only to find that it is pointing at an out of date/ non maintained document. Amahi has now 4 icons on the screen (?): Amahi Live Help that directs to a textbased thing, Amahi Installer (I asume this can be deleted now), Amahi HDA Setup and Amahi Dashboard.

2 After the initial installation of F12 everything was OK. After installation of Amahi I suddenly get harddisk error notifications. I didn't had those before in Ubuntu, so am a bit puzzled.

Appreciate your advise!! Thanks!! Cheers, Rene

OK, meantime played around and found that I had to make the server menu visible from another menu. Did the job. How far is this Amahi Wiki thrustworthy at all? Does it represent the current version of Amahi?

Steep learning curve, but still fun!