Amahi 5 - installation gone wrong :(

Jh60082

Amahi 5 - installation gone wrong :(

Postby Jh60082 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:28 am

Ok, so I upgraded (well fresh installed) fedora 12 onto my server and when I was putting in the amahi repository it was not connecting with the ethernet so I used the USB and changed the connection. So far so good, then I get on the server, finish the install and couldn't connect to the internet. I can access Http://hda but nothing else. I remembered I plugged straight into the modem and not the router (because it was still thinking the old HDA was giving out IP addresses) So I got different IP addresses then what I should have had. Anyway, got in the server and changed the IP addresses and I can access the internet on the server but it can be a little slow. The other thing is my other computer can't connect to the wireless network without getting a limited connectivity message and when I go to the amahi control panel it says my server is not updating. I have no clue what to do! I am at a lose! ANY advice will be appreciated!! :( :( :(

cpg
Administrator

Re: Amahi 5 - installation gone wrong :(

Postby cpg » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:43 am

wow. it's not clear what you did or the configuration you hace.

can you describe your setup??
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

bsk

Re: Amahi 5 - installation gone wrong :(

Postby bsk » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:19 am

It seems that you dont have the correct gateway ip address or the Amahi server chose to use the IP address the modem gave.

Did you use the same profile code when installing?
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.