Installed but....

bsk

Re: Installed but....

Postby bsk » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:09 pm

OK it looks you have found the page, to set the seconds click on the number that is there and change it, then click elsewhere on the page to enable that change (unless there is an ok button or something of that sort).

If there are no numbers there, then that is the problem.
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

philtrick

Postby philtrick » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:24 am

OK it looks you have found the page, to set the seconds click on the number that is there and change it, then click elsewhere on the page to enable that change (unless there is an ok button or something of that sort).

If there are no numbers there, then that is the problem.
Hi,

Definitely no numbers on the DHCP settings page, just:

Regards,

Phil

bsk

Postby bsk » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:34 am

Ahh ok, there is the problem. I had this same problem once before and it seems that the lease time table did not get put into the database. This is something that cpg will have to field as I am not sure what I did before :). I will get with him and see what command we need you to run to fix this problem.
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

philtrick

Postby philtrick » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:35 am

Hi brandon,

Is there a workaround for inserting the correct table into the DB for the DHCP setup?

Thanks,

Phil

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:03 pm

@philtrick

this ought to do it:

Code: Select all

cd /var/hda/platform/html echo "Setting.create(:kind => 'network', :name => 'dhcp_lease_time', :value => '14400')" | ./script/console
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

philtrick

Postby philtrick » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:20 am

Excellent, that worked!

Thanks,

Phil