CLOSED: Unable to login

vamahinas

CLOSED: Unable to login

Postby vamahinas » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:43 pm

This is not a new topic but I am having this across versions. I tried amahi 11 and 12. I have reinstalled fedora a few times and unable to login to http://hda. Any help ? Can I force create a login from the server ? Thanks

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Unable to login

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:54 am

Hello,

Amahi 12 is not ready for use.

Please use Amahi 11. Also I answered your previous post but saw no response from you.

Please do not post in multiple areas about the same issue. Respond to your first post.

Marking this as closed.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

vamahinas

Postby vamahinas » Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:17 pm

Not sure what you mean.
This is from my profile - I have only one post so far.
Total posts:1 | Search user’s posts
(0.00% of all posts / 1.00 posts per day)
Anyway, As I said I could not login from amahi 11 or 12 and seems to be an issue from amahi 7 also. Can you tell what the underlying issue is, other than case issues. I am sure my cases are ok. Maybe some tips on troubeshooting from console would be great. I checked users table in mysql is blank - so no users have been setup.

Thanks

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:13 pm

Sorry, got my posts crossed.

What install method did you use?

It sounds like you missed a step somewhere.

Amahi 11 is the only supported release. Post the URL for what install instructions you followed.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

vamahinas

Postby vamahinas » Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:34 pm

I used the Full DVD method. As I see the install after fedora install is simply 3 lines. I am able to ssh to the server

Code: Select all

rpm -Uvh http://f27.amahi.org/noarch/hda-release-11.0.0-1.noarch.rpm dnf -y install hda-ctl hda-install -i YOUR-INSTALL-CODE
Then its setup using http://hda with the first admin login. This gives me a page
http://hda/user_sessions/initialize_sys ... 20password

Code: Select all

Amahi initialization Error: Incorrect username or password
Also by default it changes DNS and hots the DHCP server. I need to avoid this as my network is bit complex and just want to try the NAS features of amahi for now.

Thanks

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:05 pm

Ok, so did you create a user when installing Fedora?

That user name and password is what you need to use to access the dashboard from http://hda.

See Initial User Creation step in the instructions. It also tells you this is the credentials for the dashboard login.

The first time, you have to enter the password twice.

In order for install to be successful, you must follow the guidance precisely. You don't have to make Amahi your DNS & DHCP server for NAS functionality. You can disable it in the dashboard. Just keep in mind it will only work with the IP Address.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

vamahinas

Postby vamahinas » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:07 pm

I have only created and used one login. Since I can login to ssh and the fedora server, I dont think I am making any mistake in entering them. I also did a clean install of f27 and amahi 11. Just finished. No change. Exactly the same error as I have had for last week. I think this was my last day. I need to give up on amahi. Good luck.

For future, especially if you want this to continue, I suggest really think through your login framework. There seems to be some silly bug somewhere. I would even decouple the OS login from amahi login. Also decouple DHCP, DNS from amahi. Most users wont change their entire network for your NAS. There are other NASs that dont require these changes.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:32 am

I am sorry you are still having issues.

Would like to debug more, but understand you don't have the time.

It could have something to do with your user name and password you chose. I know that we had that issue in the past where the minimum password length was not being met, so things would not work as expected.

Maybe you could consider trying the Express DVD. It sets the user name and password automatically, so when you log into the dashboard it meets the criteria.

As for your recommendations, although DHCP is turned on by default it can be disabled. The DNS does not affect the network if you don't use the HDA for DHCP. We will consider disabling it by default for future releases. The login is connected with Samba for the NAS piece, so not sure disconnecting it would be beneficial or simple. Again, something we can consider.

Since you indicated you are done trying Amahi, I will mark this thread as closed.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager