Anomalies in downloads?

N0ormradio

Anomalies in downloads?

Postby N0ormradio » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:05 pm

Dear forum members
After downloading and creating an install DVD and installing Amahi I found that I could not log in.
I then asked for help. So I went through reading the instructions word for word and looking at all the illustrations. I reloaded the install following all the install instructions. When I get to the point of starting the minimal install, the page comes up to the place where (greyed out) are the user settings both root password; (which instructions said not to use) and User creation (create the initial user and password)they never light up to change. The installation just starts and eventually I get the log on asking for user and password. Which of course I never had a chance to select. "When you reboot you will see a black screen with no graphics and a "localhost login" text prompt. Login into that that console directly with the user and password you created in the Fedora 27 installation."
Did I pick the wrong download? I picked Amahi-11-x86_64.iso. used my Iso burner, and burned it to a DVD -R
I really want to get his going. Please kindly reply

Thank you

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Anomalies in downloads?

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:25 pm

I picked Amahi-11-x86_64.iso.
That is the wrong ISO to download.

If you follow the minimal install instructions it will have you download the correct one.

It appears you followed the incorrect guidance. It’s the first install method listed on the wiki page.

I have verified that guidance is correct. The download is Fedora 27 Netinstall ISO.

Not sure how you got the wrong ISO.

Recommend you try again.

Also, in future please use the topic you started instead of creating a new one. I have marked the other one as closed.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

N0ormradio

Postby N0ormradio » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:24 pm

I'm sorry, I am just a bit frustrated. I reloaded the OS using the "Netinstall" download and all worked well but, the dashboard has not caught up. Do I have to get a new key and reload once again. Please let me know.
I apologize for my ignorance. I never worked on this platform. My Windows 2011 Home server is no longer supported and I thought that Amahi was the answer. I want to get it right and I just need a little guidance.

Thanking you in advance for assisting me.
Larry Lansky
N0orm Radio
llansky@msn.com

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:32 pm

i'm sorry, I am just a bit frustrated. I reloaded the OS using the "Netinstall" download and all worked well but, the dashboard has not caught up.
First of all, no need to get frustrated. Let's take this one step at a time. What do you mean the dashboard has not caught up?

Can you access the HDA dashboard? Log into the server using SSH?

Need clarification.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

N0ormradio

Postby N0ormradio » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:40 pm

Dear Big foot. The Amahi web site https://www.amahi.org/users/N0ormradio The control Panel is what I am referring to.
Sorry about the wrong nomenclature. Can this be reset as my server is really up and running but.. I cannot download any apps. and Dynamic DNS is not set. Control panel says waiting install

Sincerely

Larry
AKA N0ormRadio
llansky@msn.com

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:48 pm

Sometimes it takes a few hours.

You can email support to have it checked if it still doesn’t reset.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager