SOLVED: Locked out of dashboard after password change

gwynap

SOLVED: Locked out of dashboard after password change

Postby gwynap » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:57 pm

I changed my password using the dashboard, but when I logged out and tried to log back in to the dashboard, I'm locked out. Neither my new or old password works. I can successfully SSH into the server using my new password. Help! Thank you.

gwynap

Re: Locked out of dashboard after password change

Postby gwynap » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:25 pm

Never mind ... I just remembered I can use the reset-user-passwd script here. I'm back in business.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Locked out of dashboard after password change

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:02 pm

Yes that’s the answer.

Marking as resolved.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

revhead

Re: SOLVED: Locked out of dashboard after password change

Postby revhead » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:51 pm

Aghhh... Same this has happened to me. What script, where do I find it and how do I run it?
Thanks

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:15 pm

In future, please start a new topic.

This one is closed.

BTW, recommend you check the wiki before posting here. Most answers can be found there.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

revhead

Postby revhead » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:09 pm

At the risk of irritating you further, why would I start a new topic when it is the same problem? The topic wasn't closed?
Troubleshooting HDA/Amahi when you're only a dabbler is at the least daunting at worst a nightmare. I can read and re-read instructions without understanding any of it.
Call me dumb, but that's the way it is. In the end I usually cut my loss and do a re-install -- because in the end, it takes less time.
For experts like you however it probably takes a few seconds and I imagine you get frustrated being asked the same silly questions over and over again.
Sorry . . .

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:07 pm

At the risk of irritating you further, why would I start a new topic when it is the same problem?
We prefer users start a fresh thread when the topic is marked closed or solved.

What happens is someone with an issue gets lost in the old thread, often going unanswered. However if they start a new topic, it stands out as new and not answered. This also keeps the length of the topic to a minimum. I've often gotten lost in topics that have multiple users with the same issue. Trying to keep track of who your are helping can be frustrating when there are too many chefs in the kitchen.

Does that make sense? As for being a beginner, I completely understand. I was one once too.
In the end I usually cut my loss and do a re-install -- because in the end, it takes less time.
It's often best to try and resolve the issue so you learn from mistakes. Often, we can help fix things quickly if we have all the info.

I can see where reinstall is often quicker, but it has to get old after doing it several times. You can always ask for help before making changes that could break your system. While I seem to be the one who answers most of the time, there are others who often will jump in to assist.

So, did my previous post answer your question or do you still need help?
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

revhead

Postby revhead » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:06 pm

Thanks. I'll start a new thread :-)