Reinstalled to Amahi 11 - where are my apps?

bdaz

Reinstalled to Amahi 11 - where are my apps?

Postby bdaz » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:44 pm

Hello,

After a failed upgrade attempt, I just completed a clean install to Amahi 11. I'm not trying to reconnect all my media drives (qty 9) using the Amahi "Disk Wizard" - the problem is, I cannot download/install them? I believe I've purchased all these items previously, but they're just "info" screens and I have no way to install them. Same goes with other apps I've purchased in the past (e.g. plex server).

Am I missing something? Or is the UI just in need of a redeisgn?

Thanks

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Reinstalled to Amahi 11 - where are my apps?

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:51 pm

Did you use the same account and/or HDA profile for the new install?

Once you've purchased app, they apply to all versions of Amahi. Only exception is those that are not LIVE.

disk-wizard App is broken in Amahi 11, so you have to follow the manual guidance.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

bdaz

Postby bdaz » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:17 am

Same amahi logon, but I did generate a new configuration code.

The strange part is, I don't even have the ability to buy them. There is no button to install, no button showing the price. It shows in the online store as just an info page for the app. Does that make sense?

Whereas apps I have not bought that are available for sale do show a price that is clickable to purchase/download.

bdaz

Postby bdaz » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:32 am

Some additional information -

I am experiencing exactly the same thing as the person describes in this post: viewtopic.php?t=6144 (which appeared to ultimately be a server-side issue?)

I have no way to install the "Disk Wizard" app as it is not appearing in my "available apps" screen on the HDA, nor is it appearing in my Amahi Hub screen - it shows the Disk Wizard app, but no green "Buy" or "Install" / Download button whatsoever.
Last edited by bdaz on Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

bdaz

Postby bdaz » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:10 am

disk-wizard App is broken in Amahi 11, so you have to follow the manual guidance.
Oh man, just noticed the end of your statement. That's the most critical reason for me to stay on amahi. Guess I should roll back to Amahi 10?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:35 am

Ok, looks like you used Express DVD. It does not work very well. We have had some issues with it seeing purchased apps.

Recommend you reinstall using Minimal Install CD. It works best for most.

Secondly, Adding drives without the disk-wizard App is not hard providing you follow the guidance. You can also follow ingternet guidance for mounting drives if needed.

Your choice if you want to go back. Either way, I think you will need to reinstall.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2