SOLVED: Upgraded router to google wifi, can't connect to Amahi server

jlauzon

SOLVED: Upgraded router to google wifi, can't connect to Amahi server

Postby jlauzon » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:56 pm

I just replaced my TPlink router with a Google Wifi mesh system. My home network is wired and wireless, with a 16 port gigabit switch for my PCs and tv boxes. Now I can't connect to my Amahi server. The Google Wifi app alerted me that I had another DHCP on my network, which was the Amahi server. I connected my main pc to my Amahi server using my old router and disabled DHCP. I also reserved an IP address for my Amahi server in the Google Wifi app. When I reboot my Amahi server, I briefly connect to my network but am quickly disconnected. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get my Amahi server to connect to my network? I am using Amahi 10 on a Fedora 25 install. Thanks!

jlauzon

Re: Upgraded router to google wifi, can't connect to Amahi server, solved

Postby jlauzon » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:14 pm

I solved my own problem. It turns out that when Google Wifi is set up, it assigns addresses beginning with 192.168.86.10. I had assigned my Amahi server a fixed ip address of 192.168.0.10, and didn't realize that the default range of addresses used by Google wifi was wrong. Once I changed the ip address range in google wifi, my problem was resolved. I did have to disable DHCP in Amahi to make it play nice with my Google router, now everything connects. I did assign my DNS to my Amahi server.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Upgraded router to google wifi, can't connect to Amahi server

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:33 pm

Glad to hear you sorted it out.

Marking as resolved.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2