CLOSED: Disk wizard causing dashboard exception

jkbuckethead

CLOSED: Disk wizard causing dashboard exception

Postby jkbuckethead » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:05 am

My initial clean install of amahi 11 is complete, and now I need to add my storage disks. I installed the disk wizard and disk stats apps and got started, but it didn't last long. The disk wizard will scan for disks, present me the options, and let me select a disk, but as soon as I click NEXT I get a dashboard exception.

Because of some unexpected browser issues during the install, I am all too familiar with the dreaded dashboard exception. I immediately forced an update (nothing updated), tried an alternate browser and cleared my browser cache, but unfortunately the disk wizard still fails to function. This seems to be exactly the problem described in Bug 2355. Unfortunately I do not see a resolution to bug 2355, only that the person who initially reported the bug worked around the issue by manually adding the drives.

I used the manual method when I first started using amahi. It's been a while, but I don't recall liking the process so I was a ready convert when the disk wizard came along. I just checked the wiki for a quick refresher on manually mounting. The wiki refers to the disk wizard for amahi 8 and above, and the manual method for all other versions. Please confirm that the manual method described will work for 11.

At least now I know a few tricks that should help me add the disks manually. I plan to open two SSH windows, one where I will run the hda-diskmount command, the other with /etc/fstab open for editing. I should be able to copy and paste all the drives (a line at a time of course) all in one go. Correct?

Below is my sysinfo link. Let me know if there is other info I can provide to help with Bug 2355.

https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/7 ... 3b0ILhC9~w

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Disk wizard causing dashboard exception

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:09 pm

Yes the manual method works for Amahi 11. That’s why the wiki says Amahi 8 or greater.

No estimate on when the disk-wizard App will be fixed. We only have one developer at the moment. Maybe a while. Monitor bug 2355 for progress.

We have moved it back to BETA so users should not use it.

I presume we can mark this closed.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

taa

Re: Disk wizard causing dashboard exception

Postby taa » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:53 pm

I found this thread while researching issue 2355. I see that a follow-up issue 2395 has since been created which I've just updated with more info. I can manually add the drive for now.