CLOSED: In times of need (I mess with my HDA)

gmoquiroga

CLOSED: In times of need (I mess with my HDA)

Postby gmoquiroga » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:43 am

First of all 2 things:
1) Sorry for my probably bad english grammar (not my first language).
2) And thanks in advance for your support.

Long Story:

My HDA was working fine, smooth although my pc is quite old, some days ago I tried to install GNOME for remote controll, it gave me several problems not to say a lot, it was a pain, So I Installed KDE, some how it work a little smoother, but still it was a no no to work with it by remote.

I tried to undo all the changes I made, but some how I messed with some repos, Qbittorrent gave a 503 error, the log said it was unable to start it, I looked for the problem in the forum and tried a few tricks I saw, but suddendly the Log said it was unable to locate qbittorent-nox, I tried to undo the changes but it seems I mess more and more into Fedora.
Then upgraded Fedora

Also meanwhile I tried to change my private address block from 192.168.xxx.xxx to 10.0.0.0 in order to used sucefully HDA Connect (my private ip was duplicate in home and work).

At this point I lost all hope and just thinking on reinstall it on other hdd I have attached but at the moment not in use, I really dont want to lose my data (nearly 500g) but I have a few questions.

1) It is possible to restart all amahi and fedora configs
2) If I reinstall Amahi (Fresh install) on my other hdd did I lose the app I pay for?
3) How easy is to install it in other hdd and then move my old data to the new one?

Currently running on Fedora 25 and Amahi 10.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: In times of need (I mess with my HDA)

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:10 am

No, a reinstall from scratch is required. We strongly discourage installing a desktop on the server just for this reason. It breaks it.
2) If I reinstall Amahi (Fresh install) on my other hdd did I lose the app I pay for?
No, once you purchase the app it's yours for life. The data is your responsibility to back up.
3) How easy is to install it in other hdd and then move my old data to the new one?
Depends on where the data lives and how much you need to move. There is guidance on the internet for doing this sort of task.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

gmoquiroga

Postby gmoquiroga » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:42 am

No, a reinstall from scratch is required. We strongly discourage installing a desktop on the server just for this reason. It breaks it.
No, once you purchase the app it's yours for life. The data is your responsibility to back up.
Depends on where the data lives and how much you need to move. There is guidance on the internet for doing this sort of task.
Thanks bigfoot65 for the promptly response.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:19 pm

No problem.

I presume we can mark this one as closed.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2