SOLVED: New install Fedora 25/ Amahi 10 does not have ip address assigned

yoyocint

SOLVED: New install Fedora 25/ Amahi 10 does not have ip address assigned

Postby yoyocint » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:25 pm

Regards.

First, I thought of doing a paid support service, but I believe that this problem prevent the system from compliance with the paid support requirements as there is no ip address assigned to the HDA thus I can not port forward it, etc. Thus this long post..... sorry.

Yesterday I installed Fedora 25 and Amahi 10 (new clean install).

The connection to the web is via a DSL modem. The HDA is connected directly to the modem on ethernet port 2.

As directed in the installation instructions I erased all partitions on HDD and created new simple volume. Installed minimal Fedora 25, and created a user with admin privileges, and left the root pw blank. Installation was done with a new server installation code. For the Fedora 25 installation the system was able to obtain and ip address, download the dependencies and complete the installation. Then I rebooted to proceed with the Amahi 10 installation via SSH. Which I did.

Proceeded to install Amahi 10 using SSH and the commands listed in the tutorial. Finished and rebooted.

The HDA boots and I can login directly on terminal at the HDA using the created administrator user and pw.

After installation and reboot, the the HDA does not show as installed on my Amahi Web Control Panel, the server address appears as "waiting install". I can not access the web interface via "http://hda", I can now SSH into the HDA. The DSL modem's web interface shows the port where the HDA is installed (ethernet port 2) as with no ip address assigned. As if no system is connected at the port.

I proceeded to attempt a troubleshooting....

First I reinstalled Fedora 25 and Amahi 10. Just in case I had made a mistake on the installation. Still the same. Below are the steps I have attempted to fix this before posting.

I used DSL and on the modem's web interface the LAN port where the HDA is connected ( port 2) does not appear with and ip address assigned. Initially I thought it could be due to a conflict due to the dhcp server of the modem and the one on the HDA, but, deactivating the hdcp server from the dls modem and rebooting both the modem and the HDA did not fix it. After rebooting the systems on the LAN for their ip address to be assigned by the HDA ( with DLS modem's dhcp server off), the other computers on the LAN did not get ip addresses from the HDA. Thus I reset the DLS modem to restart its dhcp server.

After reading on the troubleshooting entries of the Wiki and some forum posts, I attempted to run the interactive network troubleshooter, but as the HDA shows no ip address I can not run it.

My DSL modem gateways ip address is not the standard 192.168.1.1 shown on the Amahi control panel, it is 10.0.0.138 ( that is the default from the telephone company setup). I attempted the command stated in the troubleshooter for "Non Default Network Set-ups".
That is after login with the administrator user and pw, I entered "su -", then "hda-change-gw 10.0.0.138"
The HDA replied
"network settings were successfully applied.
Your HDA services have been restarted
" .. The proceeded to ask for password to authenticate restarting network services. and replied that authentication had completed and network services had restarted. Proceeded to suggest that all systems on the network be rebooted.
Still the HDA does not show as connected with an ip address on LAN port 2.
I proceeded to enter command "ip addr" to verify the ip configuration, as had already done the "Non Default Network Set-ups".
The system replied that.... "inet 192.168.1.10/24 brn 192.168.1.255 scope global eno1"
If I am reading this correctly it means that the HDA is still directed to 192.168.1.10 as default gateway instead of 10.0.0.138 as it should be after running the "Non Default Network Set-ups" procedure.

As the HDA still shows no ip address assigned on the DLS modem and I can not access it via web interface, I have not turned off the DLS modem's dhcp server again.

The HDA is still not showing up as installed on the Amahi control pannel. Still shows "status waiting install".

What should I attempt to fix this?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: New install Fedora 25/ Amahi 10 does not have ip address assigned

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:34 pm

When you created the HDA Profile on amahi.org, did you put in the 10.x.x.x address?

If not, that's likely your issue. The gateway address and server IP address need to match your network. The gateway IP address drives the server IP address.

Recommend you delete the HDA Profile and start over with the Fedora 25 install.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

yoyocint

Postby yoyocint » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:08 pm

NO I did not.

I will do as you suggest.

yoyocint

Postby yoyocint » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:58 pm

Thanks..... :D

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:07 pm

I presume things are working now.

Will mark this as closed.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

yoyocint

Re: SOLVED: New install Fedora 25/ Amahi 10 does not have ip address assigned

Postby yoyocint » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:29 pm

Yes, it worked ,

Thanks.

I created a new server on the Amahi control panel with the correct modem gateway ip address and the correct ip address assigned to the server computer by the dsl modem. the new installation code worked perfect.