Amahi Install Not working

dselevan

Amahi Install Not working

Postby dselevan » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:52 pm

Please help. I am new to this, but spent the evening carefully following all instructions.
My computer is a Mac, my router is an Airport Extreme attached to the modem supplied my my ISP.
I tried everything hard wired into the Airport Extreme with Wifi turned off.
I installed Fedora 25, then installed Amahi onto my hard drive.
After successful login, I restarted, but the control panel just says waiting install.
I don't know any Fedora commands or understand what I am supposed to do.
Going to HDA.com takes me to another website.
I think I did everything exactly as outlined in the manual.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Amahi Install Not working

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:36 am

Please provide URL for:

Code: Select all

apaste --sysinfo
Did you follow the guidance for transitioning your HDA on your network guidance. It's part of the install guidance.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

dselevan

Postby dselevan » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:55 am

Please provide URL for:

Code: Select all

apaste --sysinfo
Did you follow the guidance for transitioning your HDA on your network guidance. It's part of the install guidance.
I thought I followed the instructions. My Airport is on bridge mode.
Now somehow it is running, but if I connect to the IP address, I login, and it says "Server has closed the connection" so I can't get into the dashboard and install the apps.

I typed in the command and it says https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/H ... 8npJt09zA/

I manually typed that in, I don't know how to copy and paste from Fedora to a web browser.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:09 am

Thanks for the info.

It appears you did not follow the instructions. When installing Fedora 25, you should have downloaded the netinstall ISO. During install, you were supposed to select minimal install for the software option. The info you provided indicates you either installed via the DVD or selected server instead.

Recommend you reinstall and follow the instructions precisely for best results. Also accessing the HDA should be via http://hda/, not IP address.

Is your client a MAC, not the machine you used for the HDA, correct?

Happy to assist.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

dselevan

Postby dselevan » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:52 am

Thanks for the info.

It appears you did not follow the instructions. When installing Fedora 25, you should have downloaded the netinstall ISO. During install, you were supposed to select minimal install for the software option. The info you provided indicates you either installed via the DVD or selected server instead.

Recommend you reinstall and follow the instructions precisely for best results. Also accessing the HDA should be via http://hda/, not IP address.

Happy to assist.
Pretty sure I clicked Minimal install and followed the directions to the letter. Anyway I reinstalled for the 3rd or 4th time and now it just says waiting for install.

dselevan

Postby dselevan » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:56 am

Thanks for the info.

Happy to assist.
Pretty sure I clicked Minimal install and followed the directions to the letter. Anyway I reinstalled for the 3rd or 4th time and now it just says waiting for install.
Now getting Safari can't find page when I click the link you mentioned.

dselevan

Postby dselevan » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:01 am

Thanks for the info.

Happy to assist.
Here is the new paste. https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/7 ... 9OaSCViBIA

I really appreciate your help, I've been trying to do this for at least 12 hours and can't get it working. Read the manual a bunch of times. Yes my client now is a Mac and NAS installed on an old Dell.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:35 am

Did you follow the transitioning to your Amahi server guidance?
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

dselevan

Postby dselevan » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:58 am

Did you follow the transitioning to your Amahi server guidance?
I tried to. I can't login to anything, and when I tried to change my airport settings like described I got an error message. I'm pretty sure my AirPort Extreme is on bridge mode and don't see a way to turn off dhcp or anything.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:19 am

The Airport Express wiki guidance may help.

Its likely your router that's causing the issues.

Can you access by IP address?

Are you using IPV6 in your network? Amahi needs IPV4.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager