Umm may have made a big mess!

cullen83

Umm may have made a big mess!

Postby cullen83 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:44 am

Well guys I think I made a mess of it. I was installing the dvd but I couldn't see the monitor screen clearly. Something about the generic vid drives and my machine. I am trying to install this on a Dell 2400 Poweredge server. I couldn't see screen clearly so I had to kinda guess as to what was what. I was hoping once installed the vid would clear up but it did not. So I am starting from scratch. I now have the server scrubbing all of the containers. I will post more after this process finishes. :D

cullen83

Re: Umm may have made a big mess!

Postby cullen83 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:50 pm

Well I can't seem to get Amahi to install. I tried the command after install of F10, but got error of no such command or something like that. I do have F10 on the server and it seems to be working great, as I am using it to log in and type this message.

So, I am not sure how I should proceed from here....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bsk

Postby bsk » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:12 pm

Which "command" are you talking about? And where did you get the command?
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

cullen83

Postby cullen83 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:03 pm

Okay. here is my problem. I was forced to fully install F10 as the default screen size when installing was set way to high and I could not read the screens as I was installing. :shock:

So I now have F10 installed but cannot install Amahi as I did not get to add the repositories at the install time. I am now trying to find away to add the repositories for the install of Amahi. F10 doesn't seem to be like any other linux I have used. I cannot find away to add repositories or a package manager to install that way.

so my only way of installing Amahi is either getting the resolution of my screen to be not so high as to be able to see the what is written on the screen or install after F10 is up and running.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am completely new to F10. I have some experience with ubuntu, but it is limited. but I am trying to hit the ball out of the park. :lol:

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:09 pm

there is this guide on how to install on an existing machine (non-amahi) with fedora 10 machine.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

cullen83

Postby cullen83 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:18 pm

I am going to check that out now. tyvm

cullen83

Postby cullen83 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:02 am

Okay I finally have it installed. but when I turn off the router's dhcp. I get no internet. Its running great. is there a way to shut off the server's dhcp and just allow my router to assign those. I don't see why it's so important to change from router doing it to server doing it.

The funny thing is when I let the router set dhcp, I can't see hda and have internet. With the server assigning dhcp I have no iternet but can see hda with all machines. Not sure what I did wrong. But I obviously did something wrong.

So; being that I am unable to see things correctly when installing from scratch, I need to get this set up from the way it is now. I have Amahi installed. but obviously there is settings that are not right.

I am wondering what plan of attack I should do. As it is now I have router assigning dhcp. Cannot use server for assigning dhcp. It changes something that causes my internet to get knocked out. I have my router with a static ip address which is unchanged. And is the same as what was listed in my settings here. So i am not understanding what could have changed that caused this not to work correctly. So if someone could tell what info they need to help me work through this . It would help a lot.