CLOSED: Can my HDA be merged with my home automation?

Pratyay67

CLOSED: Can my HDA be merged with my home automation?

Postby Pratyay67 » Fri May 19, 2017 9:20 pm

I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread to post the question; I just couldn't find the right one.
I've started automating my home, and have successfully automated my media center. The one thing that is left is my HDA, and I think it'd be kinda cool to play songs and movies from my HDA to my media center, and of course turning on my HDA remotely (it kinda sucks that I have to boot and log in every time after a power cut). Do you guys plan on integrating home automation protocols (the ones available in the market, like Amazon Echo with Logitech Harmony) with Amahi HDAs?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Can my HDA be merged with my home automation?

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat May 20, 2017 8:24 am

Do you guys plan on integrating home automation protocols (the ones available in the market, like Amazon Echo with Logitech Harmony) with Amahi HDAs?
There is no immediate plans at this time, but eventually we should be able to incorporate such technology.

This is relatively new and we have not seen much in the Linux community for adding such features.

One day we will get there, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

Pratyay67

Postby Pratyay67 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:49 pm

It placates me hearing that you have the possibility in consideration. I will be looking forward to it.

But is there a way to log in to the HDA remotely? I figure that if I can log in remotely from my private network, then I can do it from outside too, with a bit of port forwarding. The country I live in has frequent power cuts, and I have to log in every time after one, and it'd be cool if the HDA can be logged into from a mobile device. Keeping a back-up power supply running on the network 24/7 will do whats required, but eh, you know, it's always good to learn different ways to do things.
-Regards

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun May 21, 2017 7:58 am

See OpenVPN for details.

Will mark this thread as closed.

If you need additional assistance, start a new thread.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2