Boot partition full

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Boot partition full

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:39 am

I did select the standard partitioning setting, and it automatically added the /home partition, which I deleted.
That cannot be correct. When you delete all partitions, then select Standard followed by create them automatically, it will not create a /home partiton. Only have the OS drive plugged in when doing the OS install.

I have tested this many times, so it seems you are skipping a step or not doing it in correct order. If you have to delete the /home partition, then something is amiss.

Did you view the screen shots? They show how things should look at each step.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

padadof2

Postby padadof2 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:08 am

I'm fairly sure, I did everything correct. I deleted my original partitions, then selected standard partition and manual. I've got it up and running and was able to reinstall my shares, by following the wiki. How can I see for sure that it is in fact standard partition?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:21 am

I'm fairly sure, I did everything correct. I deleted my original partitions, then selected standard partition and manual.
Have to be sure. Don't know what you mean by manual. As I said, the install guidance goes step-by-step, so as long as you did not deviate, things should have worked correctly.

Do:

Code: Select all

df -h
If you see all your OS drive partitions and total space for the drive is accurate, then it should be correct.

It still seems you did something out of order or incorrectly. There is no way a /home partition would have been created during the OS install that you would have to remove. It would one create a /home directory on the root (/) partition.

It's your choice if you want to continue or start over, but it's tough to help when your setup does not appear to follow the guidance.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2