Amahi Install - New ISP

langleypro

Amahi Install - New ISP

Postby langleypro » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:38 pm

I recently changed from Centurylink to Comcast. With my Cneturylink modem I was able to turn off the DHCP but with the modem from Comcast I could not find out how to disable this. I read somewhere online that I could setup the Amahi Server as the first IP in the range on the modem. I tried to change it to match my Amahi and when I tried to change the starting IP address on my Comcast modem it didn't seem to like me changing this and I could not connect to the internet. I ended up going back to the default settings on my comcast modem and I thought I could now change the IP address on my Amahi server. The problem now is that it is awaiting install and I do not know if I have completely screwed up my Amahi server or what I should do now. Thoughts?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Amahi Install - New ISP

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:29 pm

I tried to change it to match my Amahi and when I tried to change the starting IP address on my Comcast modem it didn't seem to like me changing this and I could not connect to the internet.
Did you renew the IP addresson the client? It might take time for the settings to propagate.
I thought I could now change the IP address on my Amahi server.
Unfortunately this is not currently possible without a reinstall.
The problem now is that it is awaiting install and I do not know if I have completely screwed up my Amahi server or what I should do now. Thoughts?
Can you assign IP addresses on the new router by MAC Address? If so, do that for the HDA. Then try shutting down all network clients. Then ensure only the HDA is running and reboot the router. By doing this, the HDA should be the only device that get's an IP address.

Unfortunately you may have to let your router handle the DHCP unless you can figure out how to change the settings. If the router can be set to only hand out a single IP address, this could be the HDA. Then the HDA could handle DHCP for all other network clients.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2