Amahi stopped...

wyzard

Amahi stopped...

Postby wyzard » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:27 pm

Good afternoon.

My Amahi server is showing as stopped. I can, however, reach my shares through my internal network. When I go into my server dashboard, there are no apps available as it say it doesn't have network connectivity.

I have recently but my whole home network behind a VPN. I notice that the IP address showing in the control panel for my Amahi HDA is my "old" IP that was "sent out to the world". How can I can this to the new IP address that I am currently using, which is I'm sure where the problem is lying.

I have rebooted the server, but that hasn't changed anything at this time.

Thanks.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Amahi stopped...

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:49 pm

If you changed the IP address for the HDA, it must be changed on the server itself. There is limited capability to do this without doing a new install. The Amahi web site does not support such a change without creating a new HDA profile and starting over from scratch.

You can change the Gateway IP Address, but that is about it. If you made a drastic change to the IP address, there is currently no supported way to make that change.
I have rebooted the server, but that hasn't changed anything at this time.
The IP address is coded in the system in multiple places, so it would take some advanced skills to make the change. If you have the capability, you can attempt it. However, sorry we cannot assist as this is unsupported. You are on your own here.

Recommend you either put things back the way they were or start over with a new install.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

wyzard

Postby wyzard » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:44 pm

When you say a new install, that means reinstalling all the software from scratch?

Thanks for the information.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:02 pm

When you say a new install, that means reinstalling all the software from scratch?
Unfortunately, yes.

We hope to add a feature in the future to address configuration changes such as yours.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2