Installing Apps

Camperdownfamily

Installing Apps

Postby Camperdownfamily » Tue May 31, 2016 4:34 pm

Let me start by saying that I am a new convert from Windows Home Server to Amahi, so I am completely new to Linux and also to Amahi, so please treat me a if I know nothing at all.

Now, my problem is that I am completely confused about installing Apps. When I log into my server and go to the Settings pages, one of the tabs says Apps, and inside there, there is a button which says Install Here!. There is then a list of Apps which I can select and when I click on them they install on my server (for example Disk Wizard) - so far so good.

Now, I want to install Greyhole UI, but it doesn't appear in that list. Alongside the Install Here! button is Get apps button, which takes me to the Amahi.org website apps page. I can find the Greyhole UI app listed there, but it doesn't have an install button anywhere obvious. How do I install the Greyhole UI and any of the other exciting looking apps listed on the Amahi.org website?

Thanks

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Installing Apps

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue May 31, 2016 5:14 pm

Some apps have a convenience fee, so you will have to purchase them. greyhole-ui App is one of them.

Log into amahi.org and find the app in the list. You should then see a button to purchase the application. You will need to use something like Pay Pal to buy store credit.

See the Amahi FAQ for more info.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2