Upgrade Report: Amahi 8 to 9

bt107

Upgrade Report: Amahi 8 to 9

Postby bt107 » Fri May 06, 2016 10:50 am

Just wanted to take a moment to report on a successful upgrade from Amahi 8 to Amahi 9. I had been watching certain apps waiting for them to be available so this week I decided to take the plunge. My server is a headless HP N36L Microserver with 4G RAM, 1 160GB disk for the OS, and 3 1TB disks in a Greyhole pool. I followed the upgrade guide explicitly. Removed all apps, updated the OS (nothing found), and rebooted the server before beginning the upgrade process. Again, I followed the upgrade guide EXPLICITLY. Once the process completed, the server rebooted into Fedora 23 and I was able to access the dashboard. From this point forward I was able to use Putty to access the terminal.

First thing I did was to install the Greyhole UI app and re-establish the shares. This went smoothly however I did have to manually start the Greyhole service through the dashboard. I let Greyhole run overnight to rebuild all its links. After verifying the shares were good I set up the mount_shares_locally script. This went smoothly with all shares showing up under /mnt/samba/ as expected. Next I re-installed Crashplan from the App store. I wasn't sure how this would go since this app isn't live yet but all went well and Crashplan picked up its previous backup set and proceeded to verify to Crashplan Central.

Went on to install Sabnzb, Sickbeard, Couchpotato, Plex, and Logitech Media Server. All went well considering some of these are still beta. Had some slight issues with LMS picking up the locally mounted shares but this was a permissions issue with the squeezeboxserver user. The solution was found in the app's wiki page.

The whole process was spread out over two evenings including the LMS troubleshooting. All in all, it went pretty smooth. Kudos to the Amahi team.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Upgrade Report: Amahi 8 to 9

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri May 06, 2016 2:23 pm

Great news!

Happy to hear our upgrade guidance is accurate and all worked out well for you.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

cpg
Administrator

Re: Upgrade Report: Amahi 8 to 9

Postby cpg » Fri May 06, 2016 10:20 pm

Great to hear. Thanks for reporting it, and great kudos to @bigfoot65, as well as @megabitdragon, for both trying the upgrade, reporting issues and documenting the process.

Thanks for reporting your success. We love to hear about that too!
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1